Mental Health Forums

Over Medicated?

Shelley

This morning my legs felt very sluggish and it was difficult to move them, they felt week, and then they just gave way on me. I fell down the last half of the stairs, and cut my head on the chest freezer at the bottom. My legs have felt like this many times before, but never actually given way....It/s scary, and I feel a bit shaken.

My meds:

Mirtazapine 45mg

Quetiapine 400mg

Zolpidem 10mg

Citalapram 40mg

Diazapam 41mg

Propranolol 40mg

Co-Codamol when needed. (maxinum dose)

Shelley, you're on an awful lot of heavy duty sedating stuff - the seroquel, mirtazapine, diazepam and zolipedem (and the citalopram wouldn't help in that cocktail). My legs would feel heavy too if I was on that cocktail! Speak to your GP or p-doc as soon as possible as falling down the stairs is putting you in danger and you may need your meds adjusted to less sedating ones. Do you have sleeping problems or anxiety issues?

all the best

nuke x

thats a lot of sedation.. i was pretty much on what u were on a few years ago and i was very stumbly,i was aways covered in bruises after trying to make it to the fridge at night after my meds( mirtazipine turned me into a suger monster!!)

did u fall in thday or at night after the meds? i reccon whe i was on all those i had 20 mins before i was squiffy, so i used to try and stay in bed. hope ur ok, faeie x

I was on mirtazipine for a while and it made me sleep constantly and when i was awake i felt awful. I had to stop them as i could not function properly.

I dread to think how you feel on all them.

I would definatly speak to your pdoc next time you see them.

Take care xx

I fell in the morning, straight after waking up. I take the Quetiapine XL (slow release) at night with the Mirt and Zolp.

I need the Qutiapine other wise I get manic and/or Phychotic. I need the Zolpidem to sleep, and I need the Mirtazapine for anxiety, but I could try cutting the M dose down, by breaking the tablet in half.

No, I should speak to my Pdoc about this.

I felt that same feeling again this morning so I came down the stairs on my bottom....scared of falling again.

Thanks

:bigarmhug[1]:

Hope you are feeling a bit better, and your head is ok! Lots of your meds are sedating as you already know, but some can also bring your blood pressure down, especially when you're getting up after lying down for a while - which could makeyou dizzy etc

I really would see your psych, or failing that,your GP - maybe there is a different combination or dose that will give you what you need without sending you toppling down stairs!

I had problems with being very zombie-fied and clumsy in the morning on valporate. It hadn't occured to me until my psych pointed out that I started anyone on my dose I would expect themto be pole-axed! I've been on lamotrigine for a couple of months now, my moods swings aren't too bad, and I'm much better in the mornings.

Good luck - let us know how you get on

Mousex

I fell in the morning, straight after waking up. I take the Quetiapine XL (slow release) at night with the Mirt and Zolp.

I need the Qutiapine other wise I get manic and/or Phychotic. I need the Zolpidem to sleep, and I need the Mirtazapine for anxiety, but I could try cutting the M dose down, by breaking the tablet in half.

No, I should speak to my Pdoc about this.

I felt that same feeling again this morning so I came down the stairs on my bottom....scared of falling again.

Thanks

Archived