Mental Health Forums

A Natural Anti-depressant

tiellover

I thought I would share my experience with you all regarding L Trytophan.

I decided a few months ago that I was done with prescription meds. I felt that they were not really helping with my depression and they were making me extremely lazy which was causing me issues at my place of employment.

So, I did some research and found a natural amino acid that actually converts in our brains to seretonin. It basically does the same as an anti depressant, but naturally and without side effects.

You can find L Tryptophan online and in some drug stores. It is an over the counter dietary supplement and fairly inexpensive especially compared to the price of most prescription drugs. They do reccomend that you also take a vitamin B6 and vitamin C supplement with the L Tryptophan as they aid in the conversion of the Tryptophan to seretonin.

I've been using this combo for over a week now and I must say that it really does work! I am much more calm, have an even and stable mood, and I've been sleeping so much better.

I definately reccomend this for anyone who may be looking for a natural way to feel better :)

Happy for you!!

Be carefull though, if start having side effects or other problems please do contact your doc.

Lilly

St.John/s Wort is another one I/ve heard of, but you can/t take It if your on prescribed anti-deppressants.

But It might be worth a try for people who don/t want to go down the prescrition route, and try a natural remedy.

Archived