Mental Health Forums

Side Effects Of Quetiapine

Roses

I have been on them for 4 days now. Taking in morning and at night.

About 1-1half hours after morning dose I so dopey I gone to bed for 4 hours and slept/been drugged out.

At times I can stay awake (like now) I feel stoned and out of it and like I can't concentrate.

I definately couldn't drive.

Has anyone else been on this drug and know how long these seid-effects last? Is it first week? First few weeks?

I think it took me about a week to get used to them. My evening dose of 500mg makes me kind of sleepy. I can't sleep without them now. I have 200mg in the morning which doesn't really effect me at all. Sometimes I think back to the evening before and it all seems a bit of a dream. I don't know it/'s supposed to be a mood stabilizer but sometimes this doesn't seem to have much effect. I know that more people feel drowsy than hyper on it though. I hope this drug works for you and you get used to it .xB

Hi Roses, i've been been on quetiapine for around 4/5 months now, it made me really drowsy too at first couldn't stay awake, slept for the 1st couple of weeks pretty much!!! after about a month i started to get use to them now i don't even feel drowsy anymore i'm on 300 mg, they definately helped to stabalise my moods, i hope they help you too.

Hayley

Hi Roses,

It took me about two weeks to get used to it, I hated the sleepiness during the day, but I'm glad I persereved, I hope you get used to them soon.

Nightelf

Thanks Night Elf. I am told they are really effective if you persevere, only problem is next week is half term so I gotta get used to them by the weekend. Fingers crossed. xxx

when i started them, i would take my night time one about 6pm, that way id nap till bout 8, stay awake til 10, then sleep and be able to get up at 6am for work, but i did feel outa it for the first few weeks. i was just starting toget use to them when i had to stop cause of being pregnant x

I never did get used to to the side effects of Quetiapine so they changed the Quetiapine to slow release 400mg to take at night, which is brill, cos' I sleep really well, and don/t feel so zombiefied during the day.

How r you getting on with them now? Still early days I guess. I'd forgotten about half term oh jeepers. I would love to be able to sleep well even on 500mg at night and 200 in the morning, I still find it hard to sleep and am best with a sleeping tablet on top. If i forget my dose at night I will not sleep right at all. Hope thngs are getting easier for you Roses. xB

sounds like somethin i need to be on lol

i hope you feel better though, sux when you wanna concentrate and can't ;(

i hope you're feelin much better today!! xo

Thanks for replying Bumble and Shelley. I am actually starting to feel a bit better, thanks. Bumble, ours have one more week then off for 2!! Don't know what I'm gonna do. Hey ho could be worse though. Love xxxxx

Archived