Mental Health Forums

About Quitting...

someonenamedMatthew

...Quitting my old addictions proves to be extremely difficult. I feel the need - in regards to smoking - to have one last perfect cigarette experience. That's why I've gone through dozens of extra cigarette packs, It goes a little like this: I'll buy my last pack and then I'll try to smoke my last cigarette when I'm feeling good. My last inhalation, exhalation, and breathing pattern beforehand and afterwards is key. If something goes wrong, and it usually does, then I MUST buy another pack or I just don't feel right.

I'm sitting here with 3 cigarettes left and almost 2 beers left. Last day. Tomorrow I'm starting a 30 day master cleanse.

I shall overcome this curse!

Hey -

Good luck with the quiting. Have you been able to cut back? Or have you tired the patch,

or other aids out there to help?

March

omg thats exactly what i do with the smoking, i dont chain smoke at work but if the last drag isnt just right then i have to have another one etc and have been late back from my breaks because i cant get it right (and have made myself ill because i 'had' to keep going till i got it right).

best of luck with it

xxx

I was a smoker and I quit. If you want to talk about how I did it I'm open for it but I won't post it now cos don't want to patronise anyone. I'm sure you can do it. xxx

My last smoke sucked and now I have an urge to go buy some more...

NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I feel like crying...)

Archived