Mental Health Forums

What Not To Post?

Lance

ahh but i see my self a reflective person and quite insightful and i wouldnt say i reacted emotionally....

What made you believe i reacted emotionally.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Roses

• Wobbles

• Crocus

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? And it went straight over my head! It's strange because I saw just what I read without looking into it further. So what I saw was you dropping your proffesionalism and reacting in tit for tat manner, which would indicate an emotional reaction!

I guess I should examine people's motives more thoroughly and realise in fact what you see on the surface isn't what's always going on. Although I do this most of the time, but didn't even consider that might be the case in this situation.

oh not far from it but people have these beliefs about things such as expectations of people, about the idea of professionalism etc. I just want to prompt people to think a little more and wider there views at a given time. This is healthier than just closing a post down and behaving like a police officer.

The other option you had was to just ask before make the judgement...

Ive enjoyed our conversation tonight.

:D me too. I was quite triggered today and feeling very upset and down but now I feel quite perky and happy. It's rare that people say things that encourage me to think deeper and I really enjoy being challenged to think further. Thankyou, I appreciate it more from you as I know you're life is pretty busy so the fact you've taken what an hour or more? of your time to converse with me and therefore means a lot.

Ah but you were willing to engage with me, you were not insulting and you were able to think and open up your mind to other posabilities. Well done both on this and becoming the latest mod on the forums and passing the application process.

Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with a 'trigger' or 'triggering person' in a healthy, constructive manner?

I really can't see the problem if you put TRIGGER on the topic,It's upto that person if they read it or NOT,That is my opinion.

Yes i understand, but when there are no trigger warnings, or something happens in everyday life that triggers you, there are no warnings, so what is a good, constructive, healthy way of dealing with the emotions that are thrown up when something does trigger you?

consentrate on the feelings taht are thrown up by triggers, where they comes from and why, whats trasnfered, whats a normal emotiona reaction, etc. dont deal with logical rational arguements when triggered, or dealing with someone triggerd. important thing is to lower the adrenilin that shoots up when triggered, which is allways best done with support for feelings

The end of the day who is to know what will trigger each and every person?

This is a forum for people with mental health issues and often people who have had very negative expereinces in the past. If dealing with triggers is to much for someone then this may not be the place for them. Each post that is viewed must be done with the possability your opening something that may trigger you.

Sorry Joshua, i understand what you're saying, and if you read my post above to Lance, i support him.

I'm a little pissed off, considering i've put in 3 reports, and sent you a message also about the fact that i've been publicly abused and attacked by another member on here. I have also submitted a ticket. So i've done what i'm suppose to do yet nothing has been done about it. The post has not been removed in which i was abused, and the person responsible has not been repremanded in any way.

There have also been so supporting posts from anyone else, and as a result, i will not participating in this forum anymore.

Moderators are unsupportive, you yourself have done nothing about the issue, and i refuse to be treated this way. I have always treated people here with respect and consideration, i've done my best to give as much as i take in regards to support, i've tried making friends, and it has gotten me nowhere. For my troubles, i get abused.

And i'm writing this here, because all of my other attempts to contact yourself and moderators through submitting reports and tickets, and sending pms has failed.

I feel completely let down, unvalidated, ignored, abused, attacked, unsupported by everyone here, and all because of one new member who was having a bad day and decided to take it out on me.

Thanks a lot!!

Goodbye all.

PS Please remove all threads started by myself.

dont know whats going on but really sorry your feeling this way. i have found your posts very valuablex

how can i be harrassing her wen i dont go near any of her posts SHE COMES TO ME, EVERY TIME, then i tell her my opinion and its just that, my opinion. if u see nothing wrong with her thats yrs go talk to her but me well i wish not to have anything to do with her but i dont seem to have that respect of others and a choice AS SHES COMING ON TO A POST I SET UP.

if some1 told me im triggering them and do not wish me on there post i would not repeatedly come back and ram my opinion down there throat LIKE WOBBLE. it doesnt matter wot u can and cant see, you are u and i is i, i felt it i saw it and i made a desision to keep my self safe.

if u said to me "i dont want u to talk to u anymore" how would u feel if i repeatedly ignored u and didnt give a stuff in what i was saying to u that i was triggering u to the point of self harm and u had no escape because i kept coming to u and saying stuff how would u feel???????

now if i was seeking wobbles posts and comments and felt the way i did then thats my problem i could stop looking at her posts, but as its on my post its very hard to avoid.

now wobbles doesnt like me and i dont like her so like adults we should go our owns ways but wobbles wont she wants to ram her opinion down my throat. now adults agree to disagree, feel different things, see different things, have different beliefs, have a choice to stay or go, read or not read

and on that note these post are triggering me and to be quite honest i dont need it,( b4 u say wobbles dont need it either well she has a choice avoid me but she doesnt does she) now as i was saying, this whole personal attack on me cos i disagreed with wobbles and others dont like it, which is yr opinion, i really dont need so I WILL THEREFORE MAKE A CHOICE, im going to stay away from this post or any other post that brings this subject up. no im not running away from it, im really not, but life experiences have taught me if both sides really believe and have huge emotion behind them think they are right it doesnt matter how much is said to get the other to agree it just doesnt work. i learnt that from a fox hunting debate, beliefs and emotions so strong can rarely be changed and i do not wish to waste my time, u believe what u want to thats ok and i will do the same. im agreeing to disagree and will not return to this post.

For gods sake Honeysweet, if only you could see how ridiculous the rubbish is that you're saying. We had a small falling out in your thread about PMDD, which if you bothered to look, i apologised for and said i would stay away from that particular thread.

You then post an open to question to everyone on the forum. In response to SOMEONE ELSES reply, i posted my opinion, which i qualified as my opinion, and then went on to empathise with how difficult it must be when you can't put into words what you want from a mental health team.

Not once have i sought you out, sought out your posts, we've had one interaction with each other, which i apologised for. This does not give you the right to judge me, be rude to me and about me, alienate me, and continue on this road of abuse. It is YOU who is now continuing this, if you've noticed, not once have i reacted to you, responded to you in anyway shape or form, i've stayed away from you, however you're continuing to accuse ME of pestering you?

If you didn't want me replying to any of your posts or threads, then maybe you should have had the decency to send me a PM and ask me, politely and considerately to stay away. I would've been happy to. But because you didn't bother doing that, i was not aware this is what you wanted, and considering you post threads on an open forum, where all members are free and welcome to reply and post, you have no right or authority in this situation to tell where i can and cannot post.

You asked me once to stay away from your posts, which i DID NOT RESPOND TO, RESPECTING YOUR WISHES, despite your silly accusations to the contrary, you then saw fit to abuse me, swear at me, pass wrong judgements and untruths to and about me. You've certainly not been here long enough to be able to do this. You yourself are forgetting what this forum is about, and the sensitivity, respect and consideration that's required for being a member here.

The part i've highlighted above, please put a link in where i have done this. Please prove where i have attempted to ram anything down yours or anyone elses throats? Have a little evidence to back up your ridiculous accusations, because most of us here know that you're completely wrong, full of shit, and just finding reasons to be a nasty bitch. Moderators and Joshua are doing nothing about this, and i'm tired of you continuing it despite me keeping my mouth shut, not contacting you, not responding to you at all, ignoring your existence, because frankly, that's all you fucking deserve. You want to be a nasty bitch, i can play that game too.

Stop being a selfish, self centred, self obsessed, delusional, nasty, histrionic, attention seeking arsehole. GROW THE FUCK UP!!

None of your arguments are fact based, you've made up a lot of rubbish in your head and lashed out at me, you've made yourself look like a right fool, and you've made a lot of other people here feel very uncomfortable. Not the best start when you've only been here a week.

So just fuck off, give up on it, stop being a fucking arsehole. If you think this post is harsh, i haven't even fucking started yet. I'm a hell of lot more healthy, intelligent and capable of destroying you, than you are me, so this is your warning. Give it up, and move on.

(Apologies to my friends here but i'm sure you can imagine, i've now had enough)

:lol: SHOWED YR SELF UP THERE :lol:

I have no intrest in getting invloved in bitching so will not be replying to any antagonistic replys to this post

please can the bitchy nasty one up man ship stop. we are not primary school children and this is getting embarrassing not to mention counter productive

go Roxy! If my three year old acted like that, she'd have a time out and some major apologies to make. I would think adults would have learned how to act by now.

xxx

I have no intrest in getting invloved in bitching so will not be replying to any antagonistic replys to this post

please can the bitchy nasty one up man ship stop. we are not primary school children and this is getting embarrassing not to mention counter productive

THE ONES CALLING ME

"scum bitch arsehole Stop being a selfish, self centred, self obsessed, delusional, nasty, histrionic, attention seeking arsehole. GROW THE FUCK UP!!i haven't even fucking started yet. I'm a hell of lot more healthy, intelligent and capable of destroying you, than you are me, so this is your warning. " BY WOBBLES HERSELF

ALL BECAUSE I ASKED WOBBLES TO LEAVE ME ALONE

JUST WANTED MY SAY IN RESPONSE TO WOBBLES THREATS AND NASTY NAME CALLING. NOW IM NOT GOING TO RESPONED TO NASTY POSTS. IM MOVING ON AND ITS UP TO EVERY1 ELSE TOO

THE ONES CALLING ME

"scum bitch arsehole Stop being a selfish, self centred, self obsessed, delusional, nasty, histrionic, attention seeking arsehole. GROW THE FUCK UP!!i haven't even fucking started yet. I'm a hell of lot more healthy, intelligent and capable of destroying you, than you are me, so this is your warning. " BY WOBBLES HERSELF

JUST WANTED MY SAY IN RESPONSE TO WOBBLES THREATS AND NASTY NAME CALLING. NOW IM NOT GOING TO RESPONED TO NASTY POSTS. IM MOVING ON AND ITS UP TO EVERY1 ELSE TOO

Please do move on and stop sending me PM's with more of your diatribe. I've left you alone, do me the same favour.

THE ONES CALLING ME

Please do move on and stop sending me PM's with more of your diatribe. I've left you alone, do me the same favour.

Can you not block the PM's? That's what i would do

Yes i can block them, and have done, that doesn't change the fact that i'm obviously the target of attack. Which none of us are here.

Yes i can block them, and have done, that doesn't change the fact that i'm obviously the target of attack. Which none of us are here.

Well that is wrong,I hope it gets sorted for you.

its very sickening for the rest of us too see thoughx

Archived