Mental Health Forums

What Not To Post?

Lance

Regarding the original topic of the thread I think as generalisation in addition to adding trigger warning signs one can introduce a perspective by starting by drawing the conclusions or the point, i.e where are we going to be going with this.

This is because we will want to tend to read a post rather than not read it, if the title or author seems potentially up our street, and if the first few lines are safe to tell us why the rest is not safe, that is a help. Or that it is safe after all.

I have seen this done in a number of cases and felt it helpful. I think it is what was meant by the topic starter's responsibility and in no way conflicts with the principle nicely encapsulated by Joshua. The topic starter's responsibility being in addition to the reader's of course. (Both - and; not either - or)

It is an art form and it is always valuable to figure out when it can be done better. (Not all or nothing thinking)

It also applies equally to what might get called non-triggering topics.

I also think we should use the topic headings to give more detail to members before they open a topic - it is in two halves both which can be quite long.

Carry on keeping me and yourselves safe,

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Roses

• Wobbles

• Crocus

Top Posters In This Topic

Archived