Mental Health Forums

Fluoxetine Capsules

benji

Are they worth taking, why do they take so long before they have any effect, why do you have to fill in a questionnaire asking how severe you feel after the gp has given them to you.

The questions are probably going to be at regular intervals to see if the medication is having any effect on your mood. A lot of the tablets have an immediate effect but full effects not felt for a few weeks or a month. It is a guide as everyboeids body reacts differently to different types of medication. Good luck! xxx

The questions are probably going to be at regular intervals to see if the medication is having any effect on your mood. A lot of the tablets have an immediate effect but full effects not felt for a few weeks or a month. It is a guide as everyboeids body reacts differently to different types of medication. Good luck! xxx

Thank you Roses :D

HI THERE I WAS ON THESE OVER A YEAR AGO AND THEY SERTAINLY WASENT RIGHT FOR ME I WAS ON 60MG..I FOUND THAT THEY MADE ME MORE DEPRESSED AND VERY SUICIDEL WHICH IS A SIDE AFFECT......ID SAY TRED VERY CAREFULLY ON THESE WAT DOES U ON....I STARTED ON 30 THEN WAS UPED TO 4O THEN 60 I DIDENT SEEM TO AGREE WITH THESE ARE U TAKING ANYTHING ELSE WITH THEM..... :rolleyes:

FROM AXTELL1080[sHARON.XX]

HI THERE I WAS ON THESE OVER A YEAR AGO AND THEY SERTAINLY WASENT RIGHT FOR ME I WAS ON 60MG..I FOUND THAT THEY MADE ME MORE DEPRESSED AND VERY SUICIDEL WHICH IS A SIDE AFFECT......ID SAY TRED VERY CAREFULLY ON THESE WAT DOES U ON....I STARTED ON 30 THEN WAS UPED TO 4O THEN 60 I DIDENT SEEM TO AGREE WITH THESE ARE U TAKING ANYTHING ELSE WITH THEM..... :rolleyes:

Hi axtell, i am only on 20mg, the first meds i have taken, and this is only the first week.

As I said Benji, everyone's body is different and will react differently. Serious side effects are rare. I was on these for a year or so the first time and a year the second with no side effects whatsoever and they really helped me whilst I was getting to grips with bulimia (as much as you can do with that), and then again a year or so later. Do read the information carefully and watch out for symptoms but try not to worry excessively. If you think it would help keep a log of your day, the dose you took and how you generally felt so you can look out for any changes over time. xxxxx

Hi axtell, i am only on 20mg, the first meds i have taken, and this is only the first week.

HI THERE....WELL IF ITS THE FIST THING U EVER TAKEN TRY NOT WORRY....AS ROSES SAID IT DIFFRENT FOR EVERY ONE....AND ITS ONLY U FIRST WEEK THEY TAKE UP TO 3-4WEEKS TO HAVE ANY AFFECT SO C HOW IT GOES..IM SURE U BE OK.WAT U TAKING IT FOR COS IT CAN BE USED FOR NUMBER OF THINGS.XX

FROM AXTELL1080.[sHARON]XX :rolleyes:

I have been on fluoxetine twice now... and am currently on it again!

For me is had worked really well, but as whats already been said different drugs work for different people.

I wish you all the best and I hope that you find something that works well for you!

Loz

Hey Axtell an Loz, Axtell i got depresion because ive been off work since last August because i have grey outs.

HI THERE.XXXWELL HOPEFUL THEY ARE TAKING AFECT NOW!!DO U GO OUT MUCH.XX

Hey Axtell an Loz, Axtell i got depresion because ive been off work since last August because i have grey outs.

I cant go far far because they wont let me drive, and i live in a little villlage, but i dont want to anyway

pills arnt doing much yet

How are you doing?????

I cant go far far because they wont let me drive, and i live in a little villlage, but i dont want to anyway

How are you doing?????

HEY THER YER IM NOT TO BAD THANKS.....WHY DONT U WANT GO ANY WERE COS BEING COUPED UP ALDAY LONG WONT HELP WITH YOUR DEPRESSION MATE BELEAVE ME I NO THAT FROM PAST EXPERIANCES....GIVE THE PILLS ANOTHER WEEK THEN IF NO LUCK U NEED GO BACK TO THE DOCS LUV....AND STRESS TO THEM IT ANT WORKING.....WAT DO U DO WITH U TIME.XXXX

How are you doing?????

HEY THER YER IM NOT TO BAD THANKS.....WHY DONT U WANT GO ANY WERE COS BEING COUPED UP ALDAY LONG WONT HELP WITH YOUR DEPRESSION MATE BELEAVE ME I NO THAT FROM PAST EXPERIANCES....GIVE THE PILLS ANOTHER WEEK THEN IF NO LUCK U NEED GO BACK TO THE DOCS LUV....AND STRESS TO THEM IT ANT WORKING.....WAT DO U DO WITH U TIME.XXXX

Not much i have a frein on the computer i talk to, but a lot of the time i am just to busy headed to do much, i am comfy at home though.

Be well freind

Hey -

I have been on them for a while now, it took some time for the right adjustments to be

made. Give it time to work into your system, and time for them to see what is the

correct level for you.

March

OK U DONT SOUND VERY HAPPY ARE U OK.XXXXXXX :rolleyes:

I guess it is hard to be happy witha head like this but i think i am coping fine thanks

for asking .

TELL ME WATS GOING IN U HEAD.....SHARING HELPS. :P XXXXXXX

It is a constant stream of negative nagging as soon as i get rid of one another comes likea recordplayer stuck in one groove

over and over , it makes it hard to move on

It is a constant stream of negative nagging as soon as i get rid of one another comes likea recordplayer stuck in one groove

HEY U ANT ALONE ON THIS MATE...THERES LOADS OF US ON HERE THAT NO HOW U FEEL.XXX :rolleyes: KEEP SHARING AND WE ALL HELP EACH OTHER OUT ON HERE.XXXXX

HEY U ANT ALONE ON THIS MATE...THERES LOADS OF US ON HERE THAT NO HOW U FEEL.XXX :rolleyes: KEEP SHARING AND WE ALL HELP EACH OTHER OUT ON HERE.XXXXX

Thankyou Axtell and Roses, i am sure i will beat it soon.

Thankyou Axtell and Roses, i am sure i will beat it soon.

GOOD.XXXXNOW JUST DONT HIDE AWAY OK TALKING IS THE BEST WAY TO BEAT THIS.XXXX :P :P

Archived