you do

i have great respect for you

and this must feel like yet another kick in the teeth

my father lost his licence last year - because he collapsed in august

since then they have not found anything wrong - but still wont let him drive

he has found it very hard - very diminishing i guess

i really truly am sorry

xxxx

I text my husband to tell him and he made no response. He will probably tell me I am over-reacting. I'm so sorry everyone to keep going on about it and thank you for your support.

I text my husband to tell him and he made no response. He will probably tell me I am over-reacting. I'm so sorry everyone to keep going on about it and thank you for your support.

he might have not got your text yet or maybe he would rather talk when he gets home.

xxx

You are right, I am being paranoid, sorry babe and thanks for replying. He just got in and gave me a big hug and said it doesn't mean I'm a failure. Sorry for bleating on.

I am tiny and powerless and pathetic. I am like a baby crying in the morning sun. I am but a speck in the Universe and so insignificant I could burn out tomorrow and it wouldn't make a difference to anything. God help me I am a sinner.

hey hun, so what meds you on now? do we have to tell the dvla bout our MH probs... didnt know that

anyway, try and look at the positive, no more mom being taxi driver, no more worrying about the rise in fuel,no more stressful rush hour driving, being able to relax in the passanger seat and watch the world go by... being able to look the smart arse's in the face when they bleat on about the ozone layer and say, well i dont drive lol

think of all the fresh air (unless you live in the midlands) you will be geting an your walks, think how helthy you will get, get an mp3 player, put some fave music on and walk places... and best of all........... you are no longer able to be designated driver!!!

hun, things happen for a reason, maybe the break from driving will do you good... xxx

Thanks Tray I feel a bit brighter this morning. I am on a lot of meds and some ones that make you very drowsy. You are also obliged to tell your insruance company. 9/10 they just say it's fine and ask your doctor to verify this in writing.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got an application form for bus pass and sent it off a week ago with photos and that. Now they've sent me another letter saying I have to either send in letter from DVLA (which I do have) or get my pdoc or GP to fill in the form and verify my symptoms. What a waste of fucking money. Surely they could just ask the DVLA and it would be cheaper than hiring staff to print, post, postage etc... and it just delays getting the damn thing.

im so sorry to read about how your feeling and losing your license because of something that isint your fault is really harsh. i hope that at least your bus pass wont be held up anymore than it has already. *hug*

Good luck, Roses with the bus pass and your license! I don't know how the UK works, but in the US you can sometimes get around things like that if you have a doctor monitor you for a bit and they say you would be able to stay awake... My fiance who is narcoleptic had his license taken away for a bit, but now has it back as long as he goes and gets tested a couple times a year by the doctors. I'm thinking of you and I like the lemonade quote. Its nice to see you still being positive.

xxx

Hi Roses,

I hope things are better for you? :bigarmhug[1]:

I know what it's like to have your independence taken from you, maybe that's why you're throwing up? because these are big important things in your life that you rely on and now they are being taken away, perhaps you are punishing yourself too?

anyway, i hope that you are ok and talking about this with therapist or something?

you are special hunny. and though you don't feel it you are an important part of life.

you know the butterfly effect?

take it one day at a time and I'm here for you! xo

Archived