Mental Health Forums

Bad Weekend

debs

HYA ITS DEB HAD A BAD WEEKEND WITH MY MOODSWINGS CANT KEEP UP WITH MYSELF I KNOW IM NOT HELPING MYSELF MY PARTNER SEEMS TO THINK I MAY HAVE BIPOLAR DEPRESSION AS WELL BUT I DONT THINK YOU CAN HAVE BPD AND BIPOLAR DEPRESSIONA AS WELL I DONT KNOW?

Hi Deb,

I am sorry you are having such a hard time with mood swings...they are hard to deal with. You can actually have a dx of BPD and bipolar...have you seen a doctor? If you have concerns talk to your psych to get a proper dx.

Good luck hun...good to have you here.

LM

XX

Bad luck Debs :( and yes it IS possible to have multiple diagnoses.... have a chat with your Doc/Therapist..... and be honest about how much it is affecting you - hope it works out..

Ginny ;)

Yes, its very common to have bipolar and bpd. BPD/BP symptoms can occur together. From the sounds of your posting you sound a bit hypo manic.

BPD can occur with bipolar I

BPD can occur with bipolar II

BPD can occur with unipolar (only depression or only mania)

BPD can occur with dysthymia...schizophrenia.........

BPD can occur with just about any cluster of symptoms

The diagnoisis BPD is often given to people who really don't have a personality disorder. In reality we all have a personality disorders............I am dx'd bipolar, gen/anx w/agora, and PTSD. Tho, I am not excempt from having BPD moments. BPD diagnosis is given to too many people by too many professionals who don't know or give a darn about the current diagnostic tools out there. Most pro's out there have little patience for folks who appear to have bpd............

(I don't believe in labels esp......bpd)

I hope you are getting some help before the mood swings become even a bigger problem. I've been manic for about 2 weeks now.........struggling but still here.

Wiz

Archived