Mental Health Forums

Greetings.

peaceandlove

Hi, everyone. My name is Amy and I am 16 years old. I'm extremely depressed with borderline traits. I sort of outgrew BPD, but the traits are still there and make it difficult to live a normal life. I've tried so many different medications in the past four years, and I know I'm so young. I have many accomplishments, but none of them seem to make me happy or even appreciative. I've lived like this for so long, and I only seem to be going downhill, no matter what I do. I would really like advice on medications that work, seeing that none really provide an effect on my life. I've been hospitalized two times, once for a week in inpatient. I'm not in a good place right now and I need to find a medication that can stabalize my moods. I've tried 600 mg of Topomax, and that eventually stopped working. I'm on Lamictal now, and that doesn't work anymore (300 mg). I'm always on at least two other anti-depressants as well. I would really like it if someone could help me find a good medication. I self-injure as well, which is a trait of BPD. I'm trying so hard to get my life together, and it's nearing impossible for me. Please help me find something, anything, to help me get through my teenage years. Thank you so much in advance.

WELCOME! I am so glad there is someone else here close to my age! I'm 15 and have most all traits of BPD. I'm here because this site and these people help me though so much. I hope we can be of help to you, too. You've come to a good place. Everyone here has proved to be so caring and loving.

I know the feeling of wanting so badly to get life together, but it just seems so impossible. Don't give up... please don't give up on it. Just talking to people that relate to you can help you get through these years.

Again, I'm so glad you're here!

Hope to hear from you soon! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, the PM link doesn't work and I don't know how to otherwise. Thanks for replying, though. I really am looking for people to help me. I need it.

You're name's Amy! How awesome is that! My sis's name is Amy... I'm Anna.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well hi. It's nice to meet someone who's very welcoming and close to my age.

Welcome Amy!!! :D

You've found a great support system and you are so lucky to have found anna!!!

She's an angel and I want to adopt her and take her home with me!

I can't figure out the crazy PM EITHER!!!! *sigh*

you can sometimes catch the gang in the chat area though - that's nice.

Where are you on the globe?

Anna and I are in the US....

Take care and let us hear from you soon,

Lanie <>< :wub:

Thanks, everyone... I'm from the Chicago area. I can't wait to get out of the evil suburbs... What medication have you found that works? That's what I'm really trying to find help with - Meds and finding what works.

Archived