Mental Health Forums

Doing A Lot Better

lookin4an3scape

I'm doing a lot better than I was. This May I've been with my T for a year and she's helped me a lot with teaching me the dbt skills. I had a recent minor relapse and self harmed after 7mths but I am back on track now. Since I started seeing my T I've become more outgoing, learned to love me for who I am, made friends, become more independent. At the end of the month it'll be the first time I've successfully passed three classes(use to take the classes but then get depressed and would just stop going) I started volunteering different places. Decided I want to major in communications and become a spokesperson of some type to advocate for mental illness. I'm also trying to get the first bpd support group in my county started up. But, like I said, still have some pretty bad days occasionally... but overall my life has gotten a lot better. I never would've imagined.

thats amazing and i am so pleased for you. thats great that you are looking to get a support group started and it really sounds like you have made so much progress. it sucks to be having bad days but if there are less of them than there was before then thats always a good thing.

:bigarmhug[1]:

xxx

Archived