Mental Health Forums

Arrghh Help Me Please!

Lissy1984

I'm reeaaalllyyy worried about myself!

My paranoia is back! Bigstyle!! Also, I'm having "weird" thoughts...last night I had a terrible feeling that I was being watched and whatever it was felt so evil. It scared the *BEEP* out of me-ever since that, I've been on guard.

I keep having horrible images in my head, mainly of this most frightening looking man....its only been like this since I moved to my new house!

I'm feeling so very bad, I've now lost all my friends for reasons I'm not sure of....noone likes me, they all think I'm a sad and lonely case. Weird I guess...

I feel sick, so very very sick...

Moving is apparently one of the most stressfull things we do,soits nowonder you are feeling outof sorts.

When you add mental health issues it can be even harder.

Would it help to get out and just be around others for a bit? I know for me that silence can send me nuts after a while.

or is there anybody who could comestay with you a few nights?

or maybe you could do some decorating or something? anything to make it feel more like home?

Lissy,

In January, my paranoia skyrocketed because of stress and I started having these horrible images and thoughts...I was taking a shower one day and started remembering things and had a massive panic attack and had to jump right out of the shower and calm myself down. Nightmares too were terrifying. they are scary as hell...but these thoughts won't harm you....they usually surface when you feel more stressed, anxious, and depressed. You have been under a lot of anxiety lately and you have been feeling out of sorts so its not unusualy for your paranoia to come back.

Also when you are home all day not really doing much...atleast in my case I start to think more...my thoughts become obessive to the point in which my paranoia kicks in...I become a mess! It actually helps if you find things to so such as exercize...put on a tape and work out to it for awhile or do some sort of physcial activity...listen to funky music and start dancing and singing to it...especially when you start to feel paranoid. I have done that and it actually does help...read a light book or watch a funny movie...before I fall asleep I watch olf family sitcoms and I have done that for 10 years because my paranoia and obsessive thinking is a lot worse at night...try not to watch the news or anything too heavy before you go to bed. Take a bath and drink some warm decaffenated tea before you go to bed...maybe play some light music and light some candles and relax for a bit...I am not sure if you are having problems at nighttime but if you are anxious and go to bed your heartrate is still pumping rapidly...your body is tired and your mind is still racing and it throws your body out of whack and its hard to actually fall asleep. So its important to try and calm down before you go to bed.

Also, like Ginny said in your anxiety post...take small steps during the day...take your daughter out for a walk...just up the street if thats all you can handle for now...but the more you do it the less you will feel anxious...getting some fresh air will help immensely. So maybe try to do a physcal activity in the morning and then by afternoon especially after you put your daughter to bed wind down doing something that will calm your fears...your paranoia is anxiety based and you can control it...I have been doing a lot better but I was in a situation just like yours a few months ago...I thought I was going insane and be committed because I could not control what was going in my head. It does get better hun...you know you can pm me if you want to.

LM

XX

Archived