Mental Health Forums

Caffeine Pills

purplechick

does anyone know if its safe to take caffeine pills with other meds?

im currently taking olanzapine (anti psychotic) and venlafaxine (anti depressant)

im just so lethargic all the time and i really need a boost!

I was told to avoid caffeine as it can agrivate any anxiety. Yeah, ring NHS direct. I find caffeine is the only thing that stops me falling asleep after quetiapine but that's only cos I can't be asleep and looking after the children and I only have half spoonful at a time.

I take Venlafaxine and I used to take a lot of caffeine pills too - it didn't do me any harm as such but it did make me more anxious and jittery. It also made the side-effects of the ad's worse - I had more palpitations/shaking....

I take Venlafaxine and I used to take a lot of caffeine pills too - it didn't do me any harm as such but it did make me more anxious and jittery. It also made the side-effects of the ad's worse - I had more palpitations/shaking....

i am finding im eating alot of choc at the mo, to get a boost from that, but would really like to try something else as i am putting on weight!!

sorry to sound thick but what are 'ads'? x

I think ad's stands for anti-depressents.....?!

I have cut back loads in my caffeine intake but it was hard at first as I found myself drinking upto 15 cups of coffee a day so I became used to the routine & addictive side-effects. Now I drink 1-2 in the morning and maybe one in the afternoon to give me myself an added boost. Alternatives such a herbal tea as a sleeping aid at night has helped too.

Does anyone know if Berocca (or similar) is any good in boosting energy levels?

I think ad's stands for anti-depressents.....?!

I have cut back loads in my caffeine intake but it was hard at first as I found myself drinking upto 15 cups of coffee a day so I became used to the routine & addictive side-effects. Now I drink 1-2 in the morning and maybe one in the afternoon to give me myself an added boost. Alternatives such a herbal tea as a sleeping aid at night has helped too.

Does anyone know if Berocca (or similar) is any good in boosting energy levels?

i have been drinking red bush (caffeine free tea) for about a year now, but i think i will have to go back to drinking normal tea, atleast during the day time as i really need a boost.

i rang up the nhs to ask them about the effects of the meds with caffeine and they said they would ring me back in the morning

Chocolate has that phenylynanaine stuff in it which is a chemical that makes you feel good. This and quite a lot of iron which we crave naturally when anaemic. The Berocca effervescent tablets seem to be helping my husband who has been a bit run down of late and needed a boost. That Red Bush tea contains Roibush which is generically found in Africa. I found Green Tea the best for me and you can get it with lemon or mint - mint was the one I liked. Green Tea is naturally high in snti-oxidants and can help speed up the metabolism encouraging weight loss and is a diuretic so cleanses the body too.

Archived