Mental Health Forums

Amy Lee And Bpd

skl0028

So, I think that Amy Lee (Evanescence) has Borderline Personality Disorder. Why do I think this? Well, many reasons. The way some of her music speaks to me, I just feel like she's been there. In the "Everybody's Fool" video, she looks like I have many a time-angry to myself, smashing things and calling myself a fake. Or, in the song "Lithium" when she says "Come to bed, don't make me sleep alone. Anything is better than to be alone," to me is an example of fear of abandonment. As well as "I want to stay in love with my sorrow," is how I felt for a long time-that I liked being sad because it made me feel alive. Ooor the fact that a lot of her music talks about dying or bleeding. Maybe I just think she is borderline 'cause I think everyone is borderline now that I've been diagnosed. I dunno. What do you all think?

I love Evanescence, you could be right about BPD, I dunno one of her tracks reminds me of when I was very very depressed a few months ago. I will not go into detail cos it may trigger but she certainly expresses some morbid stuff in her lyrics - have you seen her website there are some great pics.

No I haven't looked. I do like Evanescence as well but really got turned off by them during the whole Evanescence vs. Cold crap. I'm slowly coming around but still a die-hard Cold fan.

Love that song where she sings "wake me up inside" don't know what its called but its just how I feel a lot of the time.

Hugs

Ram

i have to admit i love evanesence but only when i wanna be depressed- if that makes any sense, like when i need to be low and crying i listen to them...

You definitely could be right. I really love Evanescence & similar bands. They really know how to "wake me up inside" in more ways than one.

i had to stop listening to 'Wake me up inside' because of the video. brought back memories of plans i had and now i cant listen to the song without thinking of it :( annoying cos i quite like them

xxx

I think it's quite possible that Amy Lee has bpd. I also see it in others cause of having it, but a lot of her songs speak to me like they do to you. And I also agree with Paris. I tend to listen to Evanescence when I am morose. But still, I love them and definately think there may be something going on with Amy. Interesting topic.

I am infatuated with Amy Lee.

The song "Bring Me Back To Life" she was inspired to write by her therapist who she married recently, i was gutted.

Also a massive Cold, Staind and Smile Empty Soul fan all whos lyrics are very deep and do trigger me at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived