Mental Health Forums

Disturbing Act.

Shelley

I understand the whole fox hunting arguement but personally feel there should be a more humane method to limit the fox population. Fox hunts are cruel and the animal is ripped to shred by dogs whilst being terrified out of it's wits. It is in no way acceptable as a means of reducing their population. Whether it was a fox or a cat the issue is that someone/some people have deliberately killed an animal and left it for all to see. This is clearly a very disturbing and triggering action.

I agree with you 100%.

But there does need to be some sort of population control.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was indeed a cat killed by a fox then that is horrible to see, but I'm sure that fox has killed plenty of animals to survive and it is only behaving in a natural way.

its part of a fox to be a killing machine, cats are much like them really they kill for the fun of it too, play kill and don't eat there kill just like a fox really when you think about it, i had a few rabbits yrs ago and one was taken off by a fox all that was left was my rabbits beautiful white fluffy tail.....but i know its the law of the land and i love foxes as do i cats....

also a few yrs back now we had a time of real nasty killings that weren't animals,

peoples pets, a dear was cut up and much to the horror of my daughter who discovered its head on a spike!!!! just at the back of my house. glad it were a natural killing hun....maybe you can let your cats out now a fox will kill a ill cat......has been known around these parts from time to time!!

jelly

As I said I used to sabatage hunt/s so the hunter/s couldn/t catch the fox.

But Im not as ignorant as I used to be.

A cat Is not a vicious predator. A fox Is.

But you don't sabotage hunts anymore? Why is that? Sorry I was under the impression you weren't sabotaging hunts anymore because you thought killing foxes was ok.

I assume you're saying cats aren't vicious predators because you have never seen a cat "play" with other animals such as birds, mice, etc. Although that does make it confusing why you bothered saying that your cats had to be kept indoors because if your cats have never hunted and tortured another animal, chances are they are house cats and stay inside all the time anyway. Hopefully, you know that cats are naturally predators.

I like foxes. I like cats. If you're going to say that someone who would kill a cat is a sick fucker, why aren't you saying the same stuff about people who kill foxes?

Btw, don't accuse me of black and white thinking just because I'm pointing out discrepancies. It doesn't stop the fact that you have said that someone who kills a vicious predator is a sick fuck, but the people who kill another vicious predator are not. It doesn't stop the discrepancies from being there.

I understand the whole fox hunting arguement but personally feel there should be a more humane method to limit the fox population. Fox hunts are cruel and the animal is ripped to shred by dogs whilst being terrified out of it's wits. It is in no way acceptable as a means of reducing their population. Whether it was a fox or a cat the issue is that someone/some people have deliberately killed an animal and left it for all to see. This is clearly a very disturbing and triggering action.

I agree with you 100%.

But there does need to be some sort of population control.

fox hunting is the kindest way to cull foxes. without terriers that is, they are cruel, but fox hounds only kill the weakest fox and never mother or babies and they kill them instantly straight to the thraot as thats what they are trained to do. since the stupid laws where they now shoot them instead they have killed ten times as many foxes and there no selection in this. fox hunting strengthens the population while culling unnecessary numbers. shooting, trapping and posioning meaning that many foxes, mothers and babies and other animals get killed as well. im not a fan of fox hunting, or culling animals (id rather we leave them to it) but i do understand the econmic necessity of farmers who are struggling to survive. theres also a whole industtry built up around fox hunting, breedinga dn trainging fox hounds (that would otherwise have to be put down) breeding and traing horses, point to point racing, and all of the additional income this creates for many people. in scotland alone fox hunting was a 6.3 billion pound indistry before these retarded law came in. now many have lost income, and million more foxes killed unecessary. all these laws did was intentionally split the country. i hate the nievety surrounding this subject, people should learn the facts before using scotland as a test case for yet another law, there are real peoples lives at stake here.

its part of a fox to be a killing machine, cats are much like them really they kill for the fun of it too, play kill and don't eat there kill just like a fox really when you think about it, i had a few rabbits yrs ago and one was taken off by a fox all that was left was my rabbits beautiful white fluffy tail.....but i know its the law of the land and i love foxes as do i cats....

also a few yrs back now we had a time of real nasty killings that weren't animals,

peoples pets, a dear was cut up and much to the horror of my daughter who discovered its head on a spike!!!! just at the back of my house. glad it were a natural killing hun....maybe you can let your cats out now a fox will kill a ill cat......has been known around these parts from time to time!!

jelly

thats really really sick. im sorry your daughter had to see that. i had my pets lives threatened when i was growing up by abusers and some of them showed me other animals they had killed and cut up to keep me quiet.

As I said I used to sabatage hunt/s so the hunter/s couldn/t catch the fox.

But Im not as ignorant as I used to be.

A cat Is not a vicious predator. A fox Is.

But you don't sabotage hunts anymore? Why is that? Sorry I was under the impression you weren't sabotaging hunts anymore because you thought killing foxes was ok.

I assume you're saying cats aren't vicious predators because you have never seen a cat "play" with other animals such as birds, mice, etc. Although that does make it confusing why you bothered saying that your cats had to be kept indoors because if your cats have never hunted and tortured another animal, chances are they are house cats and stay inside all the time anyway. Hopefully, you know that cats are naturally predators.

I like foxes. I like cats. If you're going to say that someone who would kill a cat is a sick fucker, why aren't you saying the same stuff about people who kill foxes?

Btw, don't accuse me of black and white thinking just because I'm pointing out discrepancies. It doesn't stop the fact that you have said that someone who kills a vicious predator is a sick fuck, but the people who kill another vicious predator are not. It doesn't stop the discrepancies from being there.

No I don/t think killing fox/s Is okay. I don/t sabatage hunt/s anymore because my priority/s are different now to when I was 16, like being a mother, housewife and generally trying to stay well.

Of course I/ve seen a cat playing with a mouse, I have 5 cat/s for Pete/s sake. It/s called nature.

What I am saying Is that due to a ban of fox hunting there Is a increase of fox/s around, and If that mean/s they are needing to come Into the suburb/s to feed on 'pet/s' such as cat/s then we have a problem. Fox/s need to eat. Just like every other living thing, but I don/t want them killing and eating my cat/s.

I have already said that I don/t agree with fox hunting, but I do believe there need/s to be a humane way of culling.

I have NEVER said 'that someone who kills a vicious predator is a sick fuck, but the people who kill another vicious predator are not.'

Please do not invent thing/s that are not there. Please read my post/s properly If you intend to comment on them.

And for the last time; It was a Cat found dead and in three pieces on the park, the police had It checked out and they are certain that a Fox killed It.

Of course it's not nice to see a cat getting stuck into a mouse, or a bird, but it's nature.

Same with any other predatory animals.

The disturbing thing, I find hard to stomach, is when people are deliberately cruel to animals.

What happens to their conscience? How do they blank out the instinctual pain that comes with hurting another life? I am sure they feel it, but what do they do with this feeling?

All I can say, is that people who feel the need to hurt another creature, must have been devastatingly hurt themselves, once over.

Of course it's not nice to see a cat getting stuck into a mouse, or a bird, but it's nature.

The disturbing thing, I find hard to stomach, is when people are deliberately cruel to animals.

What happens to their conscience? How do they blank out the instinctual pain that comes with hurting another life? I am sure they feel it, but what do they do with this feeling?

All I can say, is that people who feel the need to hurt another creature, must have been devastatingly hurt themselves, once over.

Agreed. The police said that no human had touched the cat, the cat/s entrail/s where missing, which Is probably what It ate. It was killed on the park.

If It Is a sin to be relieved that this act was done by a Fox Instead of a person, then I am guilty as charged!

yeah absolutely thats why they do it rather than face their own pain the identify with the predator and transfer their own pai onto another so that they dont have to see that they were once a helpless and hurt victim, same way they do with people, but it in no way excuses abusive behaviour whatsoever.

Hmm you have a point. Looking back, it was everyone else saying a person who kills a cat (a vicious predator) is a sick fucker/sick fuck. You agreed, but technically you did not say the words. My mistake.

For the rest of you, new information coming to light doesn't erase what you said before that.

Ok so you readily admit that you don't mind killing animals if they are an inconvenience. I'm glad you admitted that. Most people try and insist that it's a moral thing. I truly respect the fact that you can admit that they are just in your way.

It is truly horrible and hopefully the sick fucker/s that did that will get caught.

I second that comment!

My cat/s hate being kept in but what choice to do I have?

I made up a cat cage when i lived in town so that my cats wouldn't get hurt by strays at night, perhaps getting your local steel manufacturer to make up a large cage, like a bird sanctaury, but for cats, and have it outside will help to relieve some of the chaos. that way they can be in the cage during the day and in the house at night. less stress for you and the kids.

^ Funny that, me and H had been discussing that last night, we are going to find out how much It/s going to cost, I have a large garden, so It/s the best thing to do. :)

We heard a fox last night.....way too close for comfort. A couple of my cat/s will walk on a lead, but the other/s try to bolt!

Hmm you have a point. Looking back, it was everyone else saying a person who kills a cat (a vicious predator) is a sick fucker/sick fuck. You agreed, but technically you did not say the words. My mistake.

For the rest of you, new information coming to light doesn't erase what you said before that.

Ok so you readily admit that you don't mind killing animals if they are an inconvenience. I'm glad you admitted that. Most people try and insist that it's a moral thing. I truly respect the fact that you can admit that they are just in your way.

If fox/s are out there with the ability to kill my pet cat/s then yes 'there In my way' as you put It. I would rather word It differently, such as, It/s a problem that need/s sorting.....I.E. An outdoor protective enclosure for my cat/s. Im not going to go get a gun and start shooting fox/s!

I made up a cat cage when i lived in town so that my cats wouldn't get hurt by strays at night, perhaps getting your local steel manufacturer to make up a large cage, like a bird sanctaury, but for cats, and have it outside will help to relieve some of the chaos. that way they can be in the cage during the day and in the house at night. less stress for you and the kids.

Hi shelley, I posted this in the middle of the other posts so I just put it here where it belongs, sorry.

who said anything about inconvience??

Hi shelley, I posted this in the middle of the other posts so I just put it here where it belongs, sorry.

That/s It exactly. I just hope It won/t be too expensive, but whatever, that/s what we are going to do. :)

Agreed. The police said that no human had touched the cat, the cat/s entrail/s where missing, which Is probably what It ate. It was killed on the park.

If It Is a sin to be relieved that this act was done by a Fox Instead of a person, then I am guilty as charged!

Well, time cannot be turned back, and sadly the cat is dead, but foxes are only acting according to nature.

Foxes don't take out their own bad feelings on other lives, they do it instinctually.

So, in this sense, better the cat died this way, than at the hands of a person who dosen't know how to handle bad feeling.

yeah absolutely thats why they do it rather than face their own pain the identify with the predator and transfer their own pai onto another so that they dont have to see that they were once a helpless and hurt victim, same way they do with people, but it in no way excuses abusive behaviour whatsoever.

No, it does not excuse abusive behaviour.

I just don't understand how some one can block out pain so much, that they are numb enough to hurt another.

I have identified with my past aggressors when I have had angry inbursts on myself.

I am being my own spouse batterer (not right, I know, but I am making me my victim, not someone else)

No, it does not excuse abusive behaviour.

I just don't understand how some one can block out pain so much, that they are numb enough to hurt another.

I have identified with my past aggressors when I have had angry inbursts on myself.

I am being my own spouse batterer (not right, I know, but I am making me my victim, not someone else)

i find it hard to understand too, the more and more i remmeber about the past the more i realise how extreeme the abuse i went through was. rarely if ever do i come accross others anywhere who have been through the things i have and yet i dont hurt others, ever. i have hurt myself alot in the past, but much less so now. the thing that i find as an explaination for me is that despite how horrific the abuse and brainwashing was i did have some care from out siders, they may never have known what was going on or rescued me but there tiny imput i think was enough to let me know that there was another option in life, and i think when people grow up to take on the role of abuser it is because they dont get this option.

The only reason you don't understand is because you don't have it. For that matter, we who do have it don't understand it completely. It's easy enough for someone who doesn't have it to insult people who do, just as it's easy for non borderlines to insult borderlines. But it doesn't solve the problem. It doesn't help the people who have it control themselves. It doesn't promote any sort of understanding on the matter to prevent it. It just hurts people.

The only reason you don't understand is because you don't have it. For that matter, we who do have it don't understand it completely. It's easy enough for someone who doesn't have it to insult people who do, just as it's easy for non borderlines to insult borderlines. But it doesn't solve the problem. It doesn't help the people who have it control themselves. It doesn't promote any sort of understanding on the matter to prevent it. It just hurts people.

i havent insulted anyone here, you seem to be reading between the lines and seeing your own agenda

Archived