Mental Health Forums

Reorganizing!

catspiracy

I have the cleaning bug! Yesterday, I tore out all my books and only kept 2 shelves worth, now stowed away in my room. That shelving unit was heavy with dirt! I "Freecycled" all those extra philosophy books, and a local scholar is picking them up today, Yay!

On the wall perpendicular to the bookshelf is this other space that was piled high with fabric organized in plastic grocery bags. I changed them to gallon ziplocks, so I can see all those fabric pieces (although I need to buy more ziplocks and do the two bins underneath the workbench). I am going to start keeping my fabric filed in these clear bags on the bookshelf so that I can index them at a glance! The bins will hold finished merchandise. Having a place for merchandise will enable me to stay motivated about doing the final finishing, like the handmade labels, figuring out pricing, and tags.

I am in the process of clearing my desk and moving all that stored-up stuff onto the workbench previously occupied by fabric. Beadwork used to be my primary artform, but recently, sewing has taken over. My desk is not really usable cluttered with 3-foot-tall towers of beady goodness! so Matt is finally going to hang my storage boxes on that workbench wall, creating still more shelf space.

Then I can move my sewing machine station to my desk from off of the dining table. We haven't been able to eat as a family in months because of my work. We've been feeling the strain. Moving my machine to my desk is really going to enliven the energy around here. I can even clip my full-spectrum worklamp onto the monitor shelf, that will be a godsend!

And while I'm at it, I'm purging the storage pile that has ossified underneath my desk. The cupboards at my right hand are going to be for painting supplies only, spaced out neatly and everything visible. The shelves underneath at my feet will hold my metal-working stuff, my hammer and anvil, dapping block, copper stock, rivets, and stuff like that.

I feel so excited! Yesterday Matt was moaning about how it couldn't be done. I'm glad he did that. I'm grateful to him for giving me something to rebel against, LOL! I have more plans ahead....moving the sofa, tv armoire, and fishtank.....the whole livingroom area would open wide!!!!!!

I had to postpone my shopping trip at the LA garment district until next monday, which made me feel very poor once again....but next monday will be payday and I can splurge before anyone else gets their fists on the funds, nyah nyah nyah!

oh dear, am I going manic again? I kind of hope so, life rocks when I'm manic.

thanks for reading......

cat

:D Sounds like a good manic at least! I'm happy you are getting all of this done and perhaps it will help you to feel better all around too... even once your manic mood fades? When I do stuff like that, it can usually keep my moods pretty positive for at least a week. Thats a good idea about putting your fabric into clear plastic bags so you can see them all! Hope you are feeling well and that things continue to go good!

xxx

damn thats a lot of sorting out!!!! i love it when i get that kind of manic, its good to be able to focus it into something, especially something that you will feel the benefit of later. i find that when i do something like that then even if my mood does drop it doesnt drop as low as it would have, having got stuff done helps me keep going just that bit better :)

manic or not, i hope you keep feeling good

xxx

Archived