Mental Health Forums

Am I In Denial Or Do I Have An Eating Disorder

Ruth24

Hello,

I suppose nobody can actually answer that question for me. I tend to call is 'issues with food' because if it is an eating disorder i don't even know which one it would be. I don't throw up (well maybe a few times), i don't think i'm fat (although i do hate that bit of baby belly that won't flatten) but i do know that I'm too skinny and underweight. But i don't want to put on weight, i want to continue losing and i don'yt understand why. i weigh 6 and a half stone, smaller than a size 6 but want to get down to 6 stone. I am obsessed with calories and everything i buy i check the calorie content and buy the 'health option' instead. i hate feeling full and if i do eat i eat tiny portions-so i get lightheaded and feel unwell.

I don't know what is wrong with me. Is an 'issue with food' different to an eating disorder?

Any replies would be much appreciated

xx

Ruth, I think that perhaps you should make an appointment with your GP and talk it over with them. It sounds like your BMI could be under 18. How tall are you? Eating disorders are all about our relationship with food. If you feel like you cannot eat and are obsessed with calorific content and being an 'ideal' weight that keeps getting lower and lower it sounds like you may need medical advice. I am here if you need to talk. xxxxx

Ruth, I think that perhaps you should make an appointment with your GP and talk it over with them. It sounds like your BMI could be under 18. How tall are you? Eating disorders are all about our relationship with food. If you feel like you cannot eat and are obsessed with calorific content and being an 'ideal' weight that keeps getting lower and lower it sounds like you may need medical advice. I am here if you need to talk. xxxxx

Hi roses

Thanks for the advice. i think my BMI is 15? I don't want to mention it to my doctor because i don't want more issues, if that makes any sense. whilst i am in denial and not getting help i can ignore it and just focus on the BPD. I'm seeing my social worker tomorrow and i'll bring it up with her. She may frog march me to GP :o) thanks for the advice

xxx

Archived