Mental Health Forums

Would You Report Someone For Benefit Fraud?

tinkerbelle

would you report someone for benefit fraud?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. would you report someone for benefit fraud?

• yes
    • No

I no ppl that are i havent reportted it but i no its wrong to sooo i guess its not my place to be involed in it. x

got me thinkin now!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ocean Wolf

• angelsavo

• Roses

• Sammy

If I knew the person, I would talk to them and tell them to get off benifts because chances are they will be found out eventually. If they don't listen to me and carry on cheating the system, then they deserve the punishment, so I would. Sounds kind of mean, but there's no real reason to cheat a system designed to help people. I don't think anyone I know will so that though.

i'd just blackmail them. im good at looking the other way when i get a few bucks out of it.

rules for blackmail

1-make sure you are stronger and have stronger friends

2-make sure they dont have more weapons

3-make DAMM sure they cant find anything out about you that is blackmail worthy.

4- dont take too much, they may decide its no longer worth it if they arnt making any money. (10%)

yes, im a cruel basterd

if i knew them, i would keep my mouth shut for free

ive not had any DLA all year...all i have to live off is income support.

so does any one here wanna grass me up for selling a few paintings?

wow am suprised... i have never been around anybody that has NEVER broken the law or lied,

somany people that would grass!!!

no i am not claiming anything i should not but in past i have taken extra days off work and not grassed myself up for working 60hrs instead of the contracted 40hrs, and i didnt grass myself up for working that second job.

in alot of cases its not that straight forward and sometimes people genuinely need it

edit... i get meds free and i shouldnt... guess i should be locked up and throw away the key

It is very easy to be cool and say "I never grass" but circumstances are funny old things and you never can say exactly what you would do in that situation. It's like people say they'd never hurt another person but if that person was hurting their child or a loved one you'd probably punch their lights out if you could - or worse. Never say never. xxx

The only time I got arrested was I hit my dad BACK and the cops didn't believe me because my dad had lied to them.

I also use coping mechanisms to prevent myself from doing anything illegal of the violent sort.

I hate stealing for similar reasons as lying.

I haven't lied since I was a lot younger (around 8 or 9) and that was a sure way to set my dad off. Hiding out in the bathroom while my dad is banging on the door and screaming at me kind of put me off it. My dad's lies and the lies of other people I've met have also put me off lies completely. Also, it pisses me off when people accuse me of lying since I do actually tell the truth. I don't want to lie at all in case that gives people more reason to accuse me of lying.

i really dont think its that black and white i think if someones doing it they have a reason and before i would report them i would bother to see if its a good reason

i would never report someone i dont believe in grassing .. most people who do a bit of cash in hand its cos they cant live off 60 quid a week and pay bills etc.. i was on a jiro years ago living off 45 quid a week, couldnt get any credit cos i was up to my ears in debt and i sold sex to make ends meet, not to be rich or for drugs, but to pay my bills.

Noone told me about dla or income support for mental health probs till i got m.e and was totally disabled.

I did meet one guy who had mild bipolar, wasnt on meds, never been in hospital, who pissed me off cos he was off sick, on highest rate dla with a claim until 2015 and he was working full time cash in hand earning 45 grand a year teaching on the net.. it did rile me, but i didnt grass., you dont know what peoples struggles are. most people are just trying to survive and a few are taking the piss tho.

Most people would rather I report them than deal with it how I'd like. That is, they would if they believed me and if my way was legal.

Edit: Mind you, that counts for other things as well. Like a "friend" of mine who repayed my hospitality by stealing from me.

That's right, DLA is not income based. As I said before there are grey areas and no-one really know what they will do until they are faced with the situation.

For me, it was after my sister-in-law had stopped being my carer for many months I found out she was still claiming carers grant - and from my address too!! She smoked 40 a day drank 8 cans a night and was moaning about being skint and obviously thought she was entitled to money for looking after me (which my husband and friends were doing). I didn't think that was right. She could have saved herself a £10 a day on fage alone. I agree there are some who are legitimately struggling but where is the line drawn? When is it right or wrong to fraudulantly claim money from other people? Is it right we get to live an excessive lifestyle whilst taking from others?

i think if someone is earning money on the side that is clear cut benefit fraud.

what i find difficult though (and do in my own case) is knowing when it is and isnt fruad cos dont know how ill i am! it is so hard with bipolar cos can have periods when well, other times when i think 'am i just lazy or is this actually depression? do i just need a kick up that ass or am i actually depressed, if i got that kick and forced myself is the only reason im fairly stable because im not putting loads of pressure on myself.

this is what i find really difficult. i said the above on my dla form so they do know that, but it still worries me on a conscience level.

hi sundries.. i think they take that into account with bipolar..i got my dla mainly cos of my multiple health probs i think tho im sure my bpd was accounted for too

No i would not report them, not my job to and also, people who work claime expenses when they shouldn't and no one grasses them up.

People should grass up those that claim false expenses too though, two wrongs don't make a right! Just because one person is claiming fraudently doesn't mean it's ok for another to do so too.

The government work out how much is needed for each person to get by on, this does not include luxuries just necessaties. I don't think it's right that anyone make false claims as it is the taxpayers that have to pay for it, some countries don't even have state benefit and people are starving and dying from malnutrition, people should be grateful they get anything at all instead of being greedy and wanting more so they can have other luxuries. People need to stop this entitled feeling they have that it's their right to get more money than they need to live on, it's lying and stealing.

I'd like more money too so I can have nice things, but my own ethics stop me. I know people that have spent their giro then told benefits agency they lost their giro or had it stolen so they'd get another. I know people that work for extra money over what they are allowed to and then still claim, I know people that have partners living with them and paying them money and they don't declare the living arrangements and still claim and I know people that rent out a room in their house and don't declare it and still claim.

I think it is unfair to the rest of us that have to get by with what we are given and it's unfair to the tax payers who have to support them. I also think it is a fingers up to those around the world that are starving and dying from malnutrition.

If you condone it for one person than the rest of us should be allowed to do it too, and then where would this country be, if everyone was making false claims so they could live the life of Riley? What because you think you are entitled to a 37" HD tv, all the latest games consoles and your cigarettes and drink?

And when I've had to I've done a whole weeks food shopping including treats for 5 people on £35, so yes it is possible to get by on what we are given! Tesco value food is damn cheap.

Also it's all the people that claim falsely for disability allowance or incapacity benefit that give the rest of us a bad name, all people on disability are judged as fakers by many ppl, cuz of the few that do, not only this but that is why it's so hard to claim, cuz of lazy assed ppl that can't be bothered to work when really there is nothing wrong with them.

And then the same people that are doing it, and the same people that are condoning it moan about the NHS and education systems that are underfunded because of people like this.

We just don't know how lucky we are, Get given a free income, extra money if you're disabled, free prescriptions, free dentist, free therapy, rent and council tax paid for us, free medical attention when we're ill or had an accident or injury even free legal aid oh and free education too! But no it's not good enough for these people, they still want more, still feel a sense of entitlement that isn't given to the rest of us. Sorry but this makes me mad. Selfish, lying, stealing and greedy and ungrateful.

The only thing I do think though is that either woman and those with teenage daughters should get given extra money for sanitary wear, as this really does add up, or should be able to get them on prescription for free.

maybe the govermaent should stop everybody and there dog coming into the country and offering them housing, money and everything they want and more? do you not think millions go on them?

then stop spending so much on everybody inprison with 3meals, a roof, tv comp, and everything they need so theyt dont want to leave?

why give support and medical to drug addicts and alcoholics they choose that life style.

there is alot of things the goverment could/should do with taxes but they dont so why not do something to make themself alittle extra money

Archived