Mental Health Forums

Would You Report Someone For Benefit Fraud?

tinkerbelle

would you report someone for benefit fraud?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. would you report someone for benefit fraud?

• yes
    • No

Also yes I do smoke, and yes it is a luxury, and I spend the money I am entitled to on them, meaning often I go more than half a week without a cigarette, suffer the cravings etc, rather than do a bit of work on the side to earn some extra cash for my ciggies and then claim fraudently.

As for those that have huge debts, it's their own fault for bad money management, and even then no need to claim fraudently as if you let the companies take you to court, the repayments are set by the court after assessing your income and expenses, so that it's a reasonable repayment level.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ocean Wolf

• angelsavo

• Roses

• Sammy

Talking of which, there is also free housing and money advice, free debt lines, free counselling services etc...

I mean seriously we get so much for free in this country, in particular if we are unemployed!

Try adding up how much all that free stuff comes to! You'll realise you actually earn more than the average income!

Also available to those on benefits are interest free loans, grants up to £1000 as often as every 6 months, funeral costs paid for, maternity grants.

There are also charities that offer free and low cost furniture to those on benefits. You can reclaim travelling expenses for hospital appt's.

Free milk, fruit and veg when you're pregnant or have a child under 5.

Cold winter payments, xmas bonus, free rent for a week each year if you're in council property, opportunity to buy your own home if you live in council property at a low cost, basically house price minus all rent paid, even if the rent was not paid by yourself but by housing benefit.

Free repairs to your home if you're in council property, including upgrades to things like insulation to make your house more environmentally friendly, free boiler checks annually, free decorating pack when you first move in to your home.

Anglian water even give out grants to those on benefits with financial difficulties!

Relate offer free marriage guidance if you're on benefits for a set time.

And I'm sure I've still not listed all the free stuff or discounted stuff to those on benefits.

As for assylum seekers, why should they not come to this country to escape their war torn countries where they are in fear of their lives? Why should we not help them? We are all one world! They are human like the rest of us and deserve just as much as we do. Just because you were lucky enough to be born into a free country doesn't mean we should allow the suffering of others that happened to be born somewhere else, they didnt' choose where to be born.

il have to get the benifits or have a kid cos i dont or cant have alot of these extras.....

cant get grants, free scrips, dental, dont have council housing and dont get travel expenses back.

i also dont smoke and rarely drink and dont do drugs and still cant enjoy myelf that much.

and yes the mh support is great........ i have to wait a min of 6/7months to see pdoc

Yes because of underfunding caused by those that make false claims for benefit. And yes if you are in need of benefit because you feel unable to work, then that is fine, it's not a false claim! My issues are with those that make false claims not those that are genuine!

And that was my point exactly, those of us on benefits get a lot more than those that work, and if you add up what we do get in freebies we prob earn more than the average income! So why should we get extra on top of that by making a false claim?

lets put the royals into this aswell...

how many millions do they claim? lets face it they dont need it?

But still, pointing out other wrong things doesn't make this wrong thing right, as I said before 2 wrongs don't make a right! We can start lots of topics about the rights and wrongs of other issues, but this topic was about fraudulent claims for benefits, not the other issues. And so I stand by my points about this particular issue, my opinion on other issues is also strong and yes there is a lot wrong with the system, but that doesn't mean we should abuse or be ungrateful for what we do get when it's clear we get more than enough when on benefits.

ok so lets face it the country is based on fraud from the top down,

when the royals and goverment are allowed to do it and use the law to there advantage, then all that is happening is that others are doing same but for them its not allowed

There is also other crimes, from small petty crimes to larger crimes such as murder and rape at all levels of stature, but that doesn't mean we should condone it or do it ourselves!

my point would be... its not always black n white and there should not be one rule for one and not the other,

the rich get richer and the poor get grassed

No there should not be one rule for one and one rule for another, neither end of the class structure should be doing it, and all should be grassed, but just because I don't know anyone at the high end of the structure to grass up doesn't mean I shouldn't grass up those at the lower end. If I knew someone at the top I'd grass them up to if I could. I'm not being discriminative and no I don't think too highly of politicians, large corporations or the royal family either.

I don't think it should be up to them when it effects others negatively, which in this case it does, just the same if I saw a crime of violence I would report that also, not just walk by and think it's their lives!

We are supposed to be living in a 'democracy'. What affects one affects the other. Within our own small community or in the larger one. We have freedom of speech and freedom of choice. How we use that is up to us. If you want to use your freedom of speech to claim fraudulant benefits you have to accept others might use their freedom of speech to report you. If someone robbed the corner shop with a fake gun you would expect them to be seen at the local magistrates and punished. This is no different for benefit fraud. It is a crime. You play the game you take the consequences. It is your choice.

And about the 'class' structure - I though New Labour meant there were no classes now???

We are supposed to be living in a 'democracy'. What affects one affects the other. Within our own small community or in the larger one. We have freedom of speech and freedom of choice. How we use that is up to us. If you want to use your freedom of speech to claim fraudulant benefits you have to accept others might use their freedom of speech to report you. If someone robbed the corner shop with a fake gun you would expect them to be seen at the local magistrates and punished. This is no different for benefit fraud. It is a crime. You play the game you take the consequences. It is your choice.

And about the 'class' structure - I though New Labour meant there were no classes now???

Well yeah there's not meant to be classes now, but there still clearly is! If anything it's all about denial rather than actually a change of structure!

I definitely believe there are people who could use help, yes. I will also freely admit that I hate stealing and lying a lot more than the average person. I will also admit that I'm not used to the idea that other people can't do what I can do and I can get by fine without stealing and lying.

But when people feel entitled to get stuff for free, it pisses me off. I can't respect someone who swears at me because I won't give them money (and yes, that's happened a few times). I can't respect people who only want to sit on their ass, smoke pot, and abuse their mom and feel entitled to get money for it.

Sorry Sammy, I was being sarcastic about the whole class thing. I apologise if it didn't come across right hun. xxxxx

Archived