Mental Health Forums

Drugs Making Me Stupid

sundries

Im sure they are making me really thick, at least, thicker than i was before.

i did a verbal reasoning test last time i was on olanzapine and the woman asked me if i was on drugs!(she didnt know i had any psych problems it was a test for something else). she said all the other parts of the test i was in top 95% of population but in reasoning i was in lowest 5%. (i think ths what it was, in something i was in lowest.)

When people are talking to me or asking me to take in new information and say what i think i just cant take it in. Its getting really hard with my psychologist because i just cant think fast enough to process what she is saying. :( and in other situations ive found that while i can listen and understand i cant process well enough to formulate my own answer back.

its like i understand it, but i can no longer integrate it with other things i know, evaluate and give own opinion/answer

that drug did a number on me as well it really slowed my though and speach process down yet it helped with my symptoms so i would duggest asking if theres an alternative or weighing the good with the side effects deffinatelly dont just stop taking them without doctors ok hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

yeah, those type of drugs affect that part of your brain I think. I'm on quetiapine and I feel sluggish and drugged after I take it for a few hours at least and when I recover I still feel slightly under par.

I've heard of it happening to at least three people. It's one of the reasons neither Nick nor I will go on drugs again.

Archived