Mental Health Forums

:'(

shortee

trying to fight the urge or not harming....i try to persuade myself i am better than that.....it doesnt seem to be working.....need to find things to do but whatever i do it alawys seems to remind me of troubles that are causing me to harm, stress and anger building up in my body.....HELP

You are better and stronger than that...you can push through the urge.

Try listening to some uplifting music...concentrate on the lyrics.

keep posting.Is there anyone who can be with you while you feel that way?

xx

everyone is out of the house at the moment so am all alone. i want to fight through it......glad u think im strong enough.....at least someone does

sorry to hear you feeling like this shortee,

music is good or put on your fav film or try a walk or sumthink, keep writting on here we all here to help you xxx

...hey at least something made you laugh!

i do believe your strong enough cos your here asking for help and that takes stregnth.

xx

i don't mind being the fall back guy :lol: ....or girl! :P

xxx

posting here will get all your feelings out.Have you ever tried to write a poem...its a gr8 way to express yourself.

i don't mind being the fall back guy :lol: ....or girl! :P

xxx

posting here will get all your feelings out.Have you ever tried to write a poem...its a gr8 way to express yourself.

got a book full of them!! wrote one last night and posted it on here.....not much feedback so thinking it was shit!!! like the rest of em....like me

hey lovely, you are stronger than the urge because you are better than it, remember we will beat it together :bigarmhug[1]:

not everyone gets around to reading them...dont take it personal.

i love poems...i'll have a look for it later.

Why not try writing one now?

xxx

hey lovely, you are stronger than the urge because you are better than it, remember we will beat it together :bigarmhug[1]:

i jsut want it to go away.....theres only one way......?

I like Keats. Poetry good for me, Dani knows that. Between us all on here we could probably fill many books. Maybe someone should look into us getting published. My poetry group guy as suggested it.

I hope you find a distraction Shortee. Just try all the methods you can - eventually one will stick. It might be poetry or meditation or crystal therapy, colour therapy, music listening and playing, whatever. Sometimes drawing helps me and painting. Just keep trying honey and you won't go wrong. We are all here for you.

Lots of love Roses xxxxx

I got a similar urge today.

I wrote.

I cried.

Daylight seemed to be my trigger, because I noticed a lift in mood when the sun goes down.

I figure, if the laws of the universe say, that for every negative (in this case triggers for self harm) there is a positive way.

I sought to self harm this afternoon, but fended it off. I sought it, because I was looking for relief.

Writing my thoughts down and crying seemed to provide some relief, and possibly dulled the wish to harm.

I hope you can find a positive way to feel relief.

I know crying hurts, but it is cathartic, and relief is felt after.

Holding it in hurts more.

Take care.

x

Archived