Mental Health Forums

A Good Day - Shocker!

thesloaneranger

hi all

sorry ive not posted much recently, but been on a mega downer and wasnt up to much.my car skidded on oil last week and sent me into the path of a truck - i was ok, the truck was ok, my car was well bashed up, but it gave me a huge fright as if there was a greater speed involved i wouldve been wiped off the map.

anyway, last night my husband stayed over. usually when he does he stays on the couch, but last night we had a little talk before i went to bed, and around 3am he crept through to see if i was awake (which i was) and to ask if i was ok. i told him i wasnt too good, so he then gave me the biggest cuddle, told me he will help me and i fell asleep wrapped up in his arms.

it may not sound much to some of you, but my husband leaving me started on my downward spiral so to just be hugged made such a huge difference to me. i dont expect things to change much overnight, but just for today anyway, im enjoying feeling like my old self and ive not been tempted once to duvet dive, nor have i cried. in fact, my hubby said something last night and i laughed..when he said he had forgotten what it was like to hear me laugh it kinda hit me, so today im trying so hard to keep the bad thoughts away and hold onto the good feeling ive got.

i hope you all get a nice hug today *hug*

Archived