Mental Health Forums

Been Feeling Physically Unwell.

Shelley

Lately, I have been feeling very tired and have weakness in my leg and arm muscle's.

I have fallen a few time's due to my leg's giving way, and I/ve droped stuff due to my arm's and hand's being weak.

I keep getting a red rash on my leg's.

I have wave's of nausea, and acid reflux and have gained 1 1/2 stone's in weight since starting quetiapine.

I saw my GP today, and she did some more blood's due to my LFT's deteriating, and she Is checking for Creatine Kinase, It's very rare among people taking anti phychotic's, but It/s a test to check for muscle damage, if it comes back high, i will have to stop the Quetiapine.

Meanwhile she has written to my pdoc, asking about a reduction in the Quetiapine. The rash Is a sign of liver damage (they don't fade if a glass is held on them) indicating some sort of toxicity.

So I got a bag of more med's. Stuff for oral thrush, which i keep getting because the Quetiapine dry's your mouth out.

Steroid cream for the rash. A course of Omeprazole and Gaviscon for acid reflux.

Basically this is what happen's when every time you hit crisis point the home treatment team get the Quetiapine wacked up, (im now on 500 xr) without even seeing a pdoc.

Just stick you in a crisis bed (not hospital) wack up the anti-phychotic, (which act's as a temporary plaster)

and send you home.

Now I have more problem/s than i did before i started it.

My GP advised me NOT too stop taknig it without medical advise or i could find myself having a very nasty phychotic episode.

She Is also testing for Diabeteses because of my weight gain.

Is this adequate care in the community?................I think not! [rant]

I havn/t seen a pdoc in 4 month's even though I have requested It.

hey shelley i just went thru it with seroqel too i had the extremely hospitalization high blood pressure thing i know where your coming from hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhope it all works out hun ;)

Hi Shelley,

sorry to here you are doing so badly. They did this to me too. to keep me quiet I was on 600mg and felt like a total robot, I told the pdoc I'm not having it so reduced over weeks now down to 300mg and sort of functioning though my moods are all over the place, but since i'm not hallucinating anymore it's bareable.

I get terrible shivers though and wonder whether this is due to Quetiapine also since I've been taking it I have terrible pain in all my muscles but not sure if that's due to meds or bottling up huge doses of anger and sadness. Hope they sort it out soon. If you have a cpn you can request for her to initiate an appointment with the pdoc, given your liver function they should do something about it, I think that's just plain cruel to leave you waiting so long.

Bumble hugs x

I'ts a shame really because as an anti phychotic It work's very well.

So It's physicall vs mental health... but I would say they are equally important.

I stopped taking mine a few days off my own back coz i was just sleeping from the night round to 5pm...thats not healthy. Has he replaced it with anything else?

XxX

• 3 weeks later...

Archived