Mental Health Forums

Lexapro And Flatulence.

Warrior Princess

Has anyone else been on lexapro (ecitilopram) and noticed that they have a lot of wind? I seem to have wind non stop, day and night, and it's so humiliating and embrassing that it's driving me up the wall. Another bi polar person I know said they had the same symptoms on lexapro so wondering what other people's experience was.

WP.

ps. I HATE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was just me!!!! I've been on it for about 4 years and have had really bad wind the whole time. Never had that problem before though!

I thought it was just me!!!! I've been on it for about 4 years and have had really bad wind the whole time. Never had that problem before though!

Thanks for your reply blue.

If my meds are the casue of my wind, should I ask to be put on something different? the wind is causing me a lot of distress because "friends" are making fun of it and I wonder what co workers and customers think of me when it happens. I feel quite embarassed and even humiliated over somethign I can't control that is socially unnacceptable and considered a joke when it's actually not funny at all.

If I dont change meds what are my other options? pepermint tea? Lots of "gas ex extra strength"?

I just don't want to go on like this.

WP.

Archived