Mental Health Forums

Bpd Or Bipolar Not Sure ?

stayaway21@hotmail.com

hi guys ! i either have BPD or am Bipolar since i started suffering with this when i was 17, i have been experienceing chronic anxiety and tension to the point where i cant relax/sleep ?? anyway i delt with these symptoms until i was 20 with just paroxetine and beta blockers to help (which still didnt relieve the tension and anxiety just made my heart stop palpatating).

when i was 20 i told my friend who was 30 years old at the time and a cannabis smoker since he was 18 about my issues etc and whether cannabis could help because at that time i was at the end of my tether ! after some words with him i decided to try cannabis ! to this day (i am now 27) i have not stopped smoking it as it does help me to relax and unwind/sleep etc better than any other drug i.e. sleeping pills etc, plus it isn't addictive. i am not condoning it or anything else as i would like to be free of it but with this chronic anxiety i cant cope without it, i was wondering if anyone else here suffers with 24/7 tension anxiety ? and how they cope wth it ? i haven't been diagnosed yet but all my symptoms plus tests point to me having BPD and i have heard anxiety tension is a main symptom of BPD ?? hope your all cool :-)

adam.

I don't mean to worry you but am concerned that you don't know the risks of cannabis. My dad works in a mental health hospital and there are 2 patients where he works that are in there solely because of what cannabis has done to their minds. People that condone cannabis and reccomend it and say it's not addictive or harmful really do not know the other side of it.

I personally have known a few people that have become addicted to it, they say they are not but whenever try to quit get such bad mood swings that they have to have some more - this is an addiction - even if only psychological, which to be honest as addictions go I find the psychological ones worse than the physical ones.

Sustained long term use of Cannabis as with most other recreational drugs has serious side effects and long term psychological effects including deterioration of mental state, which if you had one to begin with just makes it worse.

Research done comparing those that don't smoke cannabis at all, to those who have used heavily over a long period of time based on brain scans, showed that in the group that smoked cannabis the hippocampus, thought to regulate emotion and memory, and the amygdala, involved with fear and aggression, tended to be smaller in cannabis users than in those that did not smoke cannabis. So basically this equates to brain abnormalites or in other words brain damage to long term heavy smokers of cannabis.

Whilst some people (most likely in my own personal opinion those that didn't start off with a mental health problem) may be able to continue living a productive enough life despite the damage done to their brains, many others will find their lives become less and less productive, suffering memory loss, lack of motivation and increased depression amongst other symptoms, possibly to the point of becoming completely incapacitated or even requiring long term - permanent stay in hospital.

Of course their are varying degrees of effects and you could be lucky to be one that suffers little effect long term, but until the day comes you won't know, and when/if the day comes it will be too late because once the brain is damaged it is beyond repair.

The way I see it is that those of us with mental health problems as I've read here so many times it is because of low functioning Amygaldia, so goodness knows how much worse it would be if it were to then shrink too on top of it's already low functioning.

I didn't mean to give you a lecture just to ensure you were aware of the very real possibilities and risk involved with cannabis as normally cannabis users only hear from other cannabis users who want to defend the drug and excuse smoking it.

However there are of course side effects, addictiveness and long term effects to many legal substances too. The reason I would prefer to take this course of action to manage my problems (still only as a temporary measure I hope) is that what I take and the amount I take is closely monitored by a trained medical professional, side effects can be monitored and when I'm ready I can be weened off of them. Not to mention there are no legal risks involved and I don't have to associate with anyone else that is involved in illegal activity.

hi sammy no problem i understand the risks, unfortunately i do not agree with everything. most people who smoke cannabis already have mental health issues in the first place and the drug is often mistaken for the cause of their illness. cannabis users dont excuse smoking the drug, their is no concrete proof that cannabis causes brain damage or mental illness it is only speculation. cannabis as a drug is less harmful than tobacco and alcohol and is proven to have medicinal effects, please dont get me wrong though like i said i dont condone it its something i have chosen to do personally and believe me i did months of research before i began using it. i agree it can cause short term memory loss but brain damage agression is not proven, for one people who smoke cannabis are chilled and rarely fight or get aggressive alcohol causes more brain and organ damage. the paroxetine the idiot doc put me on is far worse for me than cannabis it has made me a different person and if i stop taking that i get hurrendous vertigo and migraines, to the point where i cant walk and have to lie in bed plus suicidal thoughts. that is real addiction if i stop using cannabis i dont get depressed or feel withdrawn i just go back to feeling the symptoms of my illness anxiety and bad tension. nothing the doc has done has helped just made me worse.... i have no faith in modern medicine i wish i had said no to the anti depressants when i was 19, the governement wants to stop people using cannabis by inventing scare stories about mental health issues, when really they dont want people using it because it will destroy the work force etc. please dont think that i am just willy nilly defending cannabis and i haven't done my homework, there are plenty of studies from independant scientists that back what i am saying, i know its hard to understand but my anxiety was pushing me to the point of suicide and cannabis helped me calm down and think straight about things. i didnt want to debate the saftey of cannabis anyway i was hoping to hear ways of coping with anxiety and tension ?

adam.

chilled and rarely fight equates to lack of motivation and dumbed down imho. The things I said were not from a government site but a science research site. But as you say you don't want to debate it and it's unlikely a cannabis user would ever agree with the other side of the argument anyway. Cannabis use is an easy way to stay in your comfort zone and not push the boundries. It makes you feel nice but that doesn't mean it's a good thing, it means you'll stay where you are because it feels good to stay stationary and not move forwards.

Like I said though, I think the same could be said for prescribed medication too and I think doctors are too quick to prescribe drugs than to deal with the real issues and encourage various therapies.

The main way to deal with anxiety is to push yourself to face what makes you anxious on a regular basis till it becomes familiar and less distressing, but also to have talking therapies where you can discover what makes you feel the way you do and address those issues.

You can also you grounding techniques and visualisation but I think these are just to help cope temporarily and survive rather than cure.

Btw this comes from an ex cannabis user and current prescribed medication user. But I don't like either. Have also used other recreational drugs. So although I quote research and science papers I also talk from personal experience for myself and as a witness to others.

Just as a quick add, Cannibis use is where my mental health issues went really out of control. it excaliated and added to it and I ended up in the psyche ward for the first time while trying to get off it. I was hearing voices, having delusions and generally schizophrenic. I was not before cannibis use. I'd never condone or recommend it since it ruined my life. Seven years later, I'm still effected by it.

So not worth it.

WP

i understand what your saying guys but there is no evidence that cannabis causes schizophrenia or mental health issues the problem is already there, it can nurture certain issues in certain people it really does depend on you.what about all the alcoholic schizoprenics ?? believe me alcohol is responsible for more crime and agression than cannabis.cannabis does not cause aggression, it has a sedation type effect which is possible to live normally with instead of something like valium. i can succesfully say that after 9 years of using it i dont hear voices or have more issues because of it ?? like i said it's my choice, i'm offended by your use of the word dumbing down ! i am a musician and succsessful too ! my iq is still 125 and has never changed ! i think you have to really experience cannabis first there are alot of scare stories out there and many people do not understand it. http://www.news-medical.net/?id=15577 http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/lette...nia-459528.html articles from reputable sources proving cannabis does not cause schizophrenia, the article suggests that some psychological issues can be caused by cannabis but it depends what kind of person uses it. please paste those articles into your browsers as they are very interesting :-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/lette...nia-459528.html

http://www.news-medical.net/?id=15577

http://www.infoscotland.com/alcohol/displa...ntent.show&

adam.

p.s. my anxiety is not caused by specific things i feel anxious all the time and tense and no matter how hard i try to relax i just cant, theres always this feeling of tension to the point where i twitch and cant sleep etc. like i said before anti depressants should be illegal ! alcohol and cigarettes too ! because they are proven to kill people and cause health issues far worse than cannabis ! in moderation cannabis is like anything else, if you abuse it...yes it will cause harm but as drugs go its one of the safest !

"Government drugs advisers in the UK say cannabis can impair psychological and physical performance, cause acute intoxication reactions and prompt relapses in individuals vulnerable to mental illnesses."

This is from your first article that you linked. I never mentioned schitozphrenia I talked about brain impairment. Your articles only back up what I said, none of them disprove cannabis causing mental health problems.The second link you post is a letter sent to the independant newspaper to say that cannabis DOES cause treatment ressistant schitzophrenia.

The third link you post is about alcohol which has nothing to do with your cannabis use, I didn't at any point cite alcohol as a method to help anxiety.

My research was from science daily which is a reputable source and actually does prove what I was saying about cannabis.

I don't think anyone needs to experience it first to find out for themselves! Just like they don't need to experience other harmful substances first, the fact are there all they need to do is research them.

And like I said I am an ex cannabis user as is the other person that replied here and so we talk from experience.

I agree that cigarettes and alcohol should be made illegal as they are harmful/toxic substances, but that's not the issue we are discussing here and talking about the negative aspects of cigarettes or alcohol or any other substance doesn't change anything about the negative aspects of cannabis.

Yes years ago there were government scare tactics in place about cannabis related to money/financial issues, but that doesn't detract from the reality of the real problems with cannabis. Where it may not turn you into a violent raging psychopath the psychological effects that it does have are still serious.

You may not have noticed any negative effects yet that doesn't mean damage isn't being done and that in time you will notice more effects.

That's like me saying smoking doesn't cause cancer because I've been smoking 16 years now and don't have cancer! Well erm..yeah but that doesn't mean I won't get cancer at some point caused by my smoking or that I won't die of it. It also doesn't prove that smoking doesn't cause cancer.

But you are of course free to do as you wish, and if you think cannabis is better for you than prescribed medication that's your choice to make. I personally prefer to be on medication that is legal and monitored closely where I will also get assistance to get off them when the time comes.

I too have had prescribed meds that worsened my symptoms, gave me new symptoms or had bad side effects, it was trial and error till I got the right ones for me that worked with the least amount of side effects and lessnened my symptoms.

I'm also not being judgmental, I have friends that still to this day smoke cannabis. Life is about free will and whatever the moral implications of cannabis use are I'm not really interested in, just the health issues, and even then just to inform you of them, you can chose to ignore them and that's fine that's your choice. I don't really want to spend every day arguing my point, I've got experience for myself as I said, I have heard personal accounts of others, witnessed others and read the science articles to prove what I've said.

I won't tell you what to do, as far as my duty goes it's to inform you of the risks, after that it really is down to you what you choose to do. I'll still be here for you and support you as best I can regardless of what route you take in life.

I read nearly all of this but actually lost interest as am not too well at the moment.

I have severe anxiety and I am on a beta-blocker called propranolol which is amazing. I am also on a mood stabiliser lithium and anti-psychotic quetiapine. I am also on a very high dose of anti-depressent with a separate drug to assist this and a sleeping tablet too.

Distraction helps. Art, music, TV, my kids, hubbie, cooking, gardening etc... Putting on MP3 player when out or avoiding busy times. Attending my local drop-in centre to remain social a bit helps.

I had a very bad drug habit - cannibis and speed mainly - when I was younger. Doesn't really matter what your opinion is as it is illegal for a good reason. It should be legalised for MS (and other such physical illnesses like spondylitis) as it is the only thing that helps with the pain, but other than that pretty much everyone knows that it effects memory and concentration on a long-term basis if you are a regular user.

Green is not too bad but black and skunk definately higher risk of some sort of long-term damage. The opinion that it is cool and no need to worry is perpetuated by users and dealers as it's a big market and I'm sure if you all found out the truth their profit margins would decrease. Then again we all know the risk of tobacco and still do it. Fuck it.

Personally i find the kind off grass out there far too heavy for me now. it never used to seem that strong. i had mental health problems before i started smoking grass and am aware that it makes me pretty psychotic quite quickly. despite all this i still crave it because i like you cannot relax, turn off and it drives me to Sh. Being a recovering alky i miss my sedative soo badly. i've tried exercise and all manner of things. My meds don't really help, occasionally i take a sleeping tablet because i can't stand my brain grinding around, even this is not always a success. So I can understand your craving for some peace. i live in hope that i'll find something that works and if i do find it i'll be telling all of yous. xxx Bumble

hi guys ! to the moderator: the article does not say cannabis causes schizophrenia at all ! i never debated whether cannabis does not cause memory issues etc but like i said before its how you use it that counts !! i have heard all the gov rubbish and it has no basis in reality !! cannabis is not illegal because its harmful.... its because the gov cannot tax it !!! and if they did dealers would just take advantage of it ! you are so gullible if you believe everything you are told from the media/government ! cannabis up until the 50's was legal everywhere ! and has been used throughout mans history as a medicine and a great source of resource you can make clothes out of it etc etc. i have 9 years of experience with cannabis and it has not made me any worse ! it has helped more than paroxetine and beta blockers ! you have not understood a word i have said and are just judging me, like i said if you have schizophrenia already cannabis will make it worse but it really does depend on how you use it and who you are ! to the person who said its illegal for a good reason ???? did you not know that there are worse drugs available that are legal !?!? come on for gods sake !!! wake up man !! like i said heres my website www.myspace.com/urbanmidnight !! i suffer with BPD and i smoke cannabis ! but look at what i have achieved only the weak blame cannabis for mental health issues ! before the 1900s cannabis and hemp was a miracle drug ! and has been used to treat anxiety etc ! you really need to stop looking at the british medical blah blah blah blah because it is all nonesense !! there is no concrete proof so you can talk all you like to me about cannabis and how "harmful" it is ! paroxetine has screwed me up far more ! and if you believe in those types of medication good for you ! it's been 10 years of suffering with anxiety and tension, everything the "great" NHS did for me has made me worse ! where as cannabis saved me from killing myself due to the anxiety ! its the only thing that helps me cope. i am sorry my advice goes against what you have been told but you can't tell me anything until you have experienced it for yourself ! as far as im concerened you have no opinion as you have no experience so how can you have an opinion ??? people who smoke cannabis and get schizophrenia or whatever !? would still come down with the illness regardless of cannabis !! cannabis is a scape goat !!! alcohol causes depression and anxiety plus is responsible for anti social behaviour !? but that's legal ? so wheres your logic ??? you have none. you ever seen a cannabis user high and wanting to fight ??? i can tell you now from experience that cannabis chills people out and does not increase violence it increases social skill. one example.....the vietnam war !? the soldiers found cannabis when they went there because it was rife and legal, when they started smoking it they realised the war was pointless and they became friendly with the locals.....this led to their discharge !? so you see the gov relies on people being depressed that is why alcohol is legal because it keeps you on the "wheel" cannabis takes you off the "wheel."

this is not excuse this is fact you can look it up ? all you do is spout retoric whereas my knowledge is through experience and research, if cannabis is so bad for your brain why am i where i am ? do i sound stupid and "dumbed down" to you ?? i am an educated man and if you can't see that than just keep believing in your british medical association ! just cos they wear white coats and "sound" like they know what they are speaking about you believe it ? before i started smoking when i was just taking paroxetine and beta blockers i used to suffer from confusion, sleep issues, they even made me have erection problems ! they are useless ! but i bet they don't tell you all the problems that they can cause !? even though paroxetine is responsioble for thousands of suicides !? did they tell me that when they prescribed them ? no ! so wake up because all the nhs will do for you is keep throwing pills at you and other shit that will in time make you worse, than one day you will wake up in a mental hospital even worse than you were when you started ! until you have experience with cannabis and have done your homework please do not spout nonesense.

sammy do you even suffer from bpd ? your getting confused..... people who sufer with schizophrenia will develope it no matter what regardless of cannabis ! because most schizophrenics smoke it,it has been confused as the cause of the illness ! my mother has schizophrenia she has never touched cannabis ! this is the same for many people ! i bought alcohol up as an example because of your faith in the government etc, you do know that the government controls the industry ? and the medical industry is one of the biggest money making industries there is ! they dont want you buying herbs that were perfectly legal because 1. no way of taxing, 2. it would stop the workforce. 3. it would slow the modern med industry. you see the government does not like self reliance ! they want you to rely solely on them ! that is why they control everything from tv to food. and that is why alternative medicine is laughed at in the media etc when it does have basis ! i am ending this debate now sammy because i could talk to the cows come home and you would still spout retoric.it sounds to me that you don't suffer with BPD and are trying to be some "know it all" just because your dad works in mental health i proves nothing and means nothing !

You say I have listened to nothing you have said, but you have repeatedly misquoted or twisted my words.

Where have I mentioned anything about cannabis causing schitzophrenia?

If you read my posts I have mentioned at least twice in two different posts that I am an ex cannabis user so DO have experience. You will also read that I have done research.

You research (that you posted) does not back any of your claims.

Where have I said alcohol is ok?

I've repeatedly said prescribed medication is a temporary measure and that I don't believe it is the answer either.

I've talked about talking therapy and grounding techniques as preferred coping skills.

The only point I've not mentioned is that sometimes it takes time to find the 'right' prescribed medication that works best for you with the least amount of negative side effects. Paroxetine didn't work for me either, but I am now currently on a prescribed medication that does.

By dumbing down I'm not talking about lack of intelligence, I'm talking about lack of motivation and thirst for life and progression.

You say cannabis solves your anxiety, yet you are still here asking how to deal with anxiety because u still suffer from it despite your cannabis use.

I have not judged you, if you read what I said, you would see that I am simply giving you information based on experience, personal and as a witness and also based on research not what I read in the newspapers or hear from the government, but from scientific papers where brain scans were carried out. Physical evidence, not hear say.

I've also said you have the right to live your life how you choose, and if you choose to smoke cannabis then fine that's your choice, I don't see you as less of a human being for that and have said I will still be here to support you regardless.

Just as I can tell you now that I am a smoker (normal cigarettes), I am also obese and diabetic and don't take my medication when I should, still binge eat and still smoke. Yes it is extremely unhealthy for me to do that, and though I might expect concerned parties to inform me of the health risks, I don't believe they think any less of me for doing so, in fact I think they do it because they care, regardless of whether it upsets me when they do or not.

I'd appreciate it if you would realise that I am telling you the health risks from concern for your health, not because I am judging you morally or intellectually. I am not attacking your character in any way. And just as those people concerned about the choices I make regarding unhealthy lifestyle cannot tell me what to do, only give me the facts, I cannot tell you what to do either, nor would I want to.

If I didn't care about you I would not be posting here at all. If I judged you as a bad person (which I'm not sure exists) I would avoid you at all costs.

Please re read the things I have said from a new perspective and understanding that I care about you and do have experience, rather than misinterpreting my words or putting words in my mouth that I have not said or indicated.

As I said, I am here for you regardless of your choices. If you feel cannabis helps you, despite the (possible) risks, or you feel the risks are worth it or better than the alternative than that's your choice and I won't tell you you're wrong to do so. I may have pointed out those risks, but I have not once said that you shouldn't do it, just that you should be aware.

Dear StayAway,

I'm a medicinal mj user in a state where it is legal. I have had mental health issues since i was a born, I think. I was placed on Prozac in college, and that did wonders for me, as I was Straight-Edge before that (did no substances of any kind, not even caffiene). However, Prozac had some bad side effects for me, especially anxiety and sexual side effects. Plus, it made me a different person, too, I become very driven and didn't care about anyone else. It pretty much wiped my empathy, which was a relief at the time, but not good for long term.

SSRI's have some terrible side effects, including going postal and murdering everyone in sight. Cannibis on the other hand contains one of the most potent anti-anxietals known. If studies show it shrinks the amygdala, that's great, because traumatized people's amygdalas become overactive, not underactive. The amygdala floods the brain with fight-or-flight hormones that short-circuit the rational cortex.

No Medicine is for everyone. I call any substance, practice, or person Medicine. Some people do well with a moderate dose of cannibis, some have terrible paranoia, some become listless slackers. I find it allows me to stop dwelling on painful bullshit and move forward. But it's not the only Medicine I partake in...I also practice exercise (well, for a couple weeks now anyway!) and meditation. I also carefully choose who I spend time with and avoid the people who are toxic to my chemistry, and I'm learning to ask for help and stuff from the ones that are Good Medicine to me. Opening myself to the Good Medicine of true friends has been the most healing of all.

So anyways....anxiety....is a bitch, isn't it!?!? Riding my bike til it hurts, then doing chakra breathing and floor exercises has reduced my anxiety significantly. Writing lists keeps me from having to whirl my mind around trying to remind myself or worrying I'll forget etc. Asking for and receiving a heartfelt hug is really good Medicine. Gratitude affirmations. Sometimes, reading old journals helps, too, because you can see how you were during an anxiety fit and realize that the one you're currently in will pass without a trace like that old one did. Oh yeah, I cant forget to add, screaming under water in your bathtub has some testimonials here on the forum, and we also had a great time extolling the virtues of ripping barbies heads off. (google barbie death camp for some crafting tips, LOL!)

Which reminds me, LAUGHING helps anxiety, too. but it kind of pushes me over the edge into manic. Dancing is good, turn the music up loud!

Anxiety often comes from unfinished business. The physical activities purge the stress hormones, and then the meditation allows thinking outside the box to occur. Then solutions float up from deep inside you, and a sense of calm comes. burning sage and offering tobacco to the four directions never hurt, either. : )

love

cat

btw, in my opinion, cannibis is illegal because anyone can grow it and that would put the pharmaceuticals and the cia out of business in one fell swoop! but I'm just a cat-spiracy theorist....... ; )

"violent raging psychopath" you have no proof of that and you are offensive ! i would recommend you don't advise because you know nothing ! only something a book told you, which as we all know experience is worth a million more than reading a book ! we need wise people here not self important know it all types who only look in one direction. i hate people like you that think they can have an opinion from reading a book because it is impossible ! you have read a persons opinion and like i said the medical association is biased ! you seem pretty young and naive to me. you will never find your way home if you look in one direction ! everything abused causes issues no matter what it is ! i know plenty of people who have used cannabis for years and have no problems ! saying cannabis causes brain damage is speculation none of it is fact ! i bought up alcohol etc as a way of explaining that most things are harmful depending on it's use ! you have alot of faith in something that has no faith in you it's a shame ! but like i said i don't know the extent of your issues..... but dont think you know it all because you have read science weekly or whatever that is sooooo naive and self important !

Stayaway- I think the major point here is that as smoking cannabis can and does produce symptoms related to both BPD and bipolar, you're going to have a tough time sorting out what you suffer from while you continue to smoke. I presume your doc is aware you smoke the weed?

Probably best to give it a rest and see what symptoms your'e left with as any diagnosis will be confused by substance abuse.

This is ridiculous, I have not ONCE said cannabis turns ANYONE into a raging psychopath! You are good at picking random words out of a sentence and making out they were said negatively and the complete opposite of what was actually said.

Not to mention ignoring everything else that was said, like the fact I've repeated over and over and over that I have experience with cannabis. You have selective reading.

Not once have I attacked you in any way, yet you repeatedly want to attack me for simply giving impersonal information.

Your arguments are the same one every single cannabis user uses when on cannabis, even the same ones I used when I was on cannabis, brainwashed to believe them as the only facts, because that's what we prefer to believe to justify ourselves. The argument is old, and scientific research has progressed since then.

However you don't even need to justify yourself to me because I haven't said you shouldn't smoke it or that it is wrong to smoke it!

Like I have said for some people, perhaps including yourself, the risks are worth it for the benefits you get from it. If I felt that way I'd do it too. Which is why I am not judging you, because I know I would do it if the benefits outweighed the risks despite the legal implications.

i know what you mean sammy i have heard it all before i have said this since the beginning but still you "inform" me of the issues ? im 27 years old and know the issues, this is what i was explaining to you ? i didn't say cannabis "solves my anxiety ? so i think we are mis-understanding each other ? i said it helps me cope i didnt say it was a cure ? i have been on medication now for 10 years etc and it's just taking me from pillar to post ! they dont know what they are doing they just use you as a "test" subject. no medication or treatement for mental health issues has any proof that it works so why your mis-placed faith ? god made the earth and cannabis is part of that. if you ask me man hasn't a bleedin clue about most things, and all the things that can help us have already been on the earth since time began. the old ways are the key ! the legal drugs industry is a joke run by some of the biggets criminals around !

Where it may not turn you into a violent raging psychopath the psychological effects that it does have are still serious.

That is the sentence you twisted to make out that I was saying it turns you into a violent raging psychopath, if you read it properly you will see I said whilst it may NOT turn you into.....

Like I said try re-reading this from another perspective and actually see what I have said rather than picking out what you want to THINK I said.

I have no doubt that prescribed medication can be harmful too. Perhaps not all but some for sure. Look at thalidamide? They thought that was safe didn't they? How wrong they were? And because of that when I have been pregnant I've refused to take any prescribed medication regardless of doctors reassurances that it is safe, because how much do they really know?

It is also why I have said I hope I am only on prescribed medication temporarily, and whilst I may not know how safe it really is, doctors can at least monitor me whilst I'm taking it. If anything goes wrong I guess I'll be suing right? Not that any amount of money could make ammends for permanent damage done.

I take my prescribed medication because for me the benefit outweighs the risks just as for you cannabis benefits outweight the risks.

I am also sorry you have bad experiences with doctors and medication. I have had too, and actually put little faith in them. But when it comes to it, there are times I have no choice but to rely on them even if they are totally useless.

Most of the time I think it is better to rely as Cat said, on the open, loving and welcoming friends and family I have and allow them to bring me peace rather than look to the medical organisations to do so.

The only reason I continued to post information was that you disagreed with it, which indicated that you did not know all the up to date research. I'm sorry that I told you things you already know.

thank you catspiracy for your understanding of what i have said, certain people here are not "getting" what i am saying. i know the risks i have already stated this at the beginning but still they feel the need to inform me of the issues and not listen to a word i am saying ! i find this alot with mental health workers ! the minute you have an opinion that doesn't fit the norm they just blame it on your illness that is why i dont really want to get involved. i saw what they did to my mother and i aint going that way ! stay free people ! these mental health workers get paid and they love seeing problems that aren't there that is why they want us to rely on pills etc cos they get paid ! without us what are they ? nothing. my point is sammy because you don't understand, that there are far more harmful things to your mental health out there ! one of them being anti-depressants ! part of being strong and being confident is having your own ideas opinions and not listening to everything your told, i never put words into your mouth you did say that smoking cannabis could turn you into a psychopath etc ? it all depends on the person like i said, people who develope psychosis will develope it no matter what, the fact they started smoking cannabis has nothing to do with it, it is a scape goat ! and there is no proof whatsoever that it causes agression or psychosis none at all !

I did not say it can turn you into a psychopath! Show me where I said that! I have not said it causes agression either, again show me where I said that!

I'm also not a mental health worker and not paid.

I've also conceded to what you've said about prescription medication!

Also why do you assume that I don't understand what you are saying just because I have a different opinion to you?

In fact not even a different opinion as I have conceded to a lot of what you've said regarding alcohol, doctors, prescribed medication etc...even said I understand your motivations for using cannabis and that I too would do it if I felt the benefits outweighed the risks. Where in any of that does it show lack of understanding?

Archived