Mental Health Forums

Two Of My Cards

Roses

Cat mentioned an interest in seeing some cards I've made. They're nothin that special but thought I'd post them. I didn't want to do it in the other persons' thread.

Roses xxx

they are really good, i love creative stuff so good for distraction and feeling like you have accomplished something good :)

xxx

Those are awesome. You make the florets out of tea bags? Soooo cool! do you stamp them? How did you learn to make these?

Tea bag comes from the late 1800's when the girls working in the houses used to receive the tea in bags and split it to make it brew in pot. They'd keep the empty square bags and fold them into patterns (kite shapes etc) to give different effects. You can fold 2 into a specific shape for wings of butterfilies and all sorts. Over the years it's just turned into printed coloured paper and you use 8-14 squares on a circular pattern (all different ones) and then decorate with jewels or mount them. Another technique I like is Iris folding. Which is what I did today. Love and light to you Cat xxx

O wow! Those are awesome, Roses! I've never heard of doing that, but they sure turn out beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

xxx

your cards are gorgeous - i like things that are a little different :D i wish i could be arty like that as im sure the distraction would do me good. nice one roses :D

Roses I liked your cards and think they must take a lot of patience to make.

My wife thinks they are pretty also.

Archived