Mental Health Forums

Advice About S/h Care.

Shelley

I have about 30 long fairly deep cut's on my stomache, one is weeping yellow pus, what should I put on It. I dont want to see a doctor.

if weeping pus they sound infected.Please do think about going to a docs or walk in centre to get them dressed.

If not go to the chemist and get some inadine and dressings...keep an eye on them.

xxx

If it's weeping yellow pus you really should go see a doctor honey as you need antibiotics. Sometimes you can just describe the symptoms over the phone and they write you a script. Or perhaps you could go out of town to a walk-in centre and get some advice of you don't want to see your doctor.

shelley hunny this is something that needs to be handeled by a doctor period no offence u know i like u xxxxxxxx

i agree hun if its doing that it needs looking at. i know its really hard to speak to your doctor but chemists can have a look and may be able to help or advise at least. or call the out of hours docs for advice. please do get them looked at though, i had one get infected and next thing i knew all of them were.

please go somewhere, it doesnt have to be your specific doctor if you dont want, as long as they are seen.

:hug2:

xxx

yes you must go to docs it sounds infected and all nasty, or go to a and e if it is that bad. please seek medical advice.

hope you feel better soon

paris

in the meantime i would suggest bathing them in warm salt water, take a salt water bath even and gently wash the pus away until the wound looks clear then cover it with something clean and dry, even if its only loo roll stuck on with cellotape for now.

XxX

in the meantime i would suggest bathing them in warm salt water, take a salt water bath even and gently wash the pus away until the wound looks clear then cover it with something clean and dry, even if its only loo roll stuck on with cellotape for now.

XxX

Thanks Jinxsta, I will do that, if it's still bad on Monday i will have to go to a+e.

btw you live just up the track from me! lol

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Sorry i made another bad post. :(

you post how you feel hun, never apologize for that. we are here to listen whether you feel good or bad.

i hope it is ok for you and heals ok

:bigarmhug[1]:

xxx

I went to a + e yestaday as it didn't look good. The doctor was very off with me and said I shouldn't be doing this at my age. He shoved a script in my hand and showed me the door.

I left feeling like a pile of poo.

Got to the chemist and the chemist did my script.

Got home and realised he had prescribed Pennicillin............Im fucking allergic, cant take It.

Got apt. with my own GP tommorow.

Take care Shelley and let u know how you get on tomorrow. They should have asked you at the hospital that's really dangerous of them. Glad you noticed what you got before you took any. xxx

hi shelley,

dr's can be so bloody insensitive.

just because some ppl have MH probs- they should not be chided like children , like that helps. what a moron.

as jinx said salt baths are good for wounds.

take care

anne marie

im sorry he treated you like that, asshole. and its just downright negligent to not check if you were allergic to anything before he prescribed that, i am glad you saw it before you took any.

im glad you have an appointment with your own gp, i hope it goes ok. it was good that you went to a&e, even if the doctor was an idiot i know it took a lot for you to go.

xxx

• 2 weeks later...

glad you got it sorted.

I also recon betadine is a good choice for on the wound as well as the anti boitics. also dress it with dry sterile gauze twice a day and avoid getting it wet.

g'luck.

Archived