Mental Health Forums

Trip To Blackpool

Hera

I am up for it.... dont worry about being nervous... we are all in the same boat?!!

great idea to put name ot faces etc and bit of cameraderie...

'but, you dont know any of them. They dont know you. they wont even like you. they dont like you now - just wait til the see you, then they'll hate you! you'll get it wrong, Jai. You'll get lost. You'll get attacked...' ..on and on and on. There's no end to it.

....yup really Crip, i've certainly thought all of that! But im thinking it will be very therepeutic, where else u gona come across so many people at the same time who have an understanding of how u feel? And I predict we will all be really supportive with eachother, and stick together, no-one will slip through the net... I know i'll be way too busy being judgemental of myself to be judging anyone else.

XxX

not that i want to dampen your trip or plans

i just want to make sure that every one is aware that people on the internet are not always who they say they are

and if u are going to meet up with others make sure u take enough safety measure to protect yr safety

have fun drew

That is excatly why i am not going

Oh dear, seems my decision's been made for me anyway, looking at the train timetables - train journey for me would consist of 5 changes! That's a bit too much for me. =|

Next time, defo, im there. Hope you all enjoy though!

Crip xxx

Hiya, i'd possibly be up for it, i'm going away on 28th September though so it'd depend on money & if the dates clashed x

Please be careful when meeting up at member organised events. We have arranged things before and would again if there was enough call for it. People tend to feel happier/safer when its arranged by us.

Other than that if it goes ahead please be safe and enjoy yourselves.

Yes organised events have happened in the past but they have always involved a hotel. can we not meet up that doesnt involve spending loads

Lucy

I'd love to meet up with people, it's very lonely in Missfit world! So long as I had enough notice to get care for the Cat & Dog it's fine!

get a coach crip.

I'll come only if someone comes to the Pleasure Beach and goes on all the rides with me

Me! me! me!

XxX

such a long lng way

and i cant do trains on my own, and panic on trains and coaches

so

sorry

let me know when you come down to sussex

Hi all thanks for replying to this post......... Please note the date for blackpool is Saturday the 19th September could you please all let me know who is deffinatly coming so we can suggest places to stay at and we will be meeting up in the afternoon at the blackpool pleasure beach station.

Thanks all

Hugs Hera xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh is anyone from London who would like to travel with me to blackpool? Hugs Hera xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

...For those who don't know, www.megatrain.com offers trains and coaches at a £1 if u book very early....most cities apart from London will not go direct to blackpool or close to blackpool..Manchester (1.5 hours)..... for example iwill probably get train from portsmouth to London then train from London to manchester. You can also do the same sort of thing with national express funfares..... also in general u can get a reduction if ur in reciept of dla by selecting disabled passenger options........ www.transportdirect.info is very helpful in planning routes and another avenue to check out is; www.disabledpersons-railcard.co.uk .... dont forget if u live in Ireland u can fly to blackpool airport.

XxX

I'm gonna have to say no now on this occasion. I'm getting my little baby birdy in two weeks and wouldn't be able to leave him alone for such a long time, plus i'm starting college in sept, so want to limit the time spent away from my lil parrot as he'll be left alone for a few hours 4 days a week.

Aurora :)

Hi there how are you all? I just wanted to say that we really need people to tell me and sinbad113 if they are coming on this trip for sure so we can make more plans about where to meet what time to meet and where to stay etc.

I would appreciate it if you could let us know if you are coming for deffinate.

Thanks Hera xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Come'guys, Look if anyone lives in the south i dont mind meeting up and gettin to kno eachother before the trip, plenty of time to save and sort babysitters.

XxX

Thanks alot jinxta and thanks for the link for places to stay as well we will have to look into that. I dont know yet what time we are going to be meeting we are working on that at the moment but hoping it will be early afternoon.

Thanks alot

Hera xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived