Mental Health Forums

Just Been Put On Olanzapine 10mg And Venlafaxine 75mg

axtell1080

JUST BEEN PUT ON THESE TODAY ANY ONE GOT ANY INFO ON THEM AND HOW THEY WORKED FOR UXXXXXXXXXXX

i was on venlafaxine for about 3/4 years and it was fine, then off it then back for 2 years - but didnt find it so effective, and came off on my own -(which was whn i left work)

not so good for anxiety

but i was only on 75mg

instead of stopping - in retrospect i should prob hve doubled it

side effects - sweaty - windy - and brain shivers if i missed a dose

but ok

i thought it was causing memory and concentration loss, but that is no better now

they want me back on it

Tried it and not for me, either of them. But everyone's body is different. You can't go by others experiences best to try it for yourself. It could be the one thing that works for you. Need 2 weeks really to see if it affects you. A lot of people take them with little or no side effects. I wish you well. xxxxx

i was on venlafaxine for about 3/4 years and it was fine, then off it then back for 2 years - but didnt find it so effective, and came off on my own -(which was whn i left work)

not so good for anxiety

but i was only on 75mg

instead of stopping - in retrospect i should prob hve doubled it

side effects - sweaty - windy - and brain shivers if i missed a dose

but ok

i thought it was causing memory and concentration loss, but that is no better now

they want me back on it

THANKS WALKER.XXXXX

MY MEMORY ANT GRATE AT THE MO SO GOD HELP ME IF THIS AFFECTS IT EVEN MORE THEN.XXXXXXXXXX

Tried it and not for me, either of them. But everyone's body is different. You can't go by others experiences best to try it for yourself. It could be the one thing that works for you. Need 2 weeks really to see if it affects you. A lot of people take them with little or no side effects. I wish you well. xxxxx

THANKS ROSES.XXXXX

IM HOPING IT WORK FROM WAT IVE JUST FINISHED

I was on venlafaxine afew years ago was a good drug for me- side effect coming off them were awful tho. Olanzapine really is my wonjder drug i sleep on it i dont get voices etc etc etc BUT they really have made me overweight they really give you the munchies!!!!! good luck with them both x

I've been on olanzapine before, it wasn't great. It helped me sleep (finally) but I never really woke up during the day-I felt like my body was on constant autopilot. Hope this doesn't put a downer on you taking them, just a warning that you might need a couple of extra sugars in your tea in the morning.

hi axtell,

i have been on both of these meds twice, and if 'they' had their way i'd still be on them.

the venalfex did not work for me, but still gave me all the side effects, (brain zaps etc) plus made me rapid cycle really fast.

it was a bitch to get off too.

some ppl think its wonderful, it energises them, etc. i was on 300mg and nope, no depression lifting ar all.

i found olanzapine to be a really good drug when i was pretty ill. like, really effective at calming my terrible anxiety and then the paranoia, delusions and voices. but as ppl say it came with a price. i went from a size 12 to a size 18 being tight in 6 months. i was also on epilim at that time- and i think the 2 ombined were responsible for this.

i am givingup smoking - 3 days off them today. b ut i am eating more. my point? - id rather put on a bit of weight that i can lose later than be sick. (my lungs were in terrible shape).

if you need it, you need it, and weight gain can be lost eventually.

have u ever been given seroquel- its pretty similar but not quite so bad if the weight gain is a side effect you experience on it. of course , im no doctor, just sharing my exp i all.

olanzapine also makes some people pretty drowsy, at first anyway. so maybe watch out for that.

hope they make you feel better,

take care

anne marie

I was on venlafaxine afew years ago was a good drug for me- side effect coming off them were awful tho. Olanzapine really is my wonjder drug i sleep on it i dont get voices etc etc etc BUT they really have made me overweight they really give you the munchies!!!!! good luck with them both x

THANKS HUN.XXXXXXXXXXXX

I've been on olanzapine before, it wasn't great. It helped me sleep (finally) but I never really woke up during the day-I felt like my body was on constant autopilot. Hope this doesn't put a downer on you taking them, just a warning that you might need a couple of extra sugars in your tea in the morning.

THANKS HUN......GRATE IVE GOT 4KIDS TO LOOK AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!I HOPE THEY BE OKXXXXXX

hi axtell,

i have been on both of these meds twice, and if 'they' had their way i'd still be on them.

the venalfex did not work for me, but still gave me all the side effects, (brain zaps etc) plus made me rapid cycle really fast.

it was a bitch to get off too.

some ppl think its wonderful, it energises them, etc. i was on 300mg and nope, no depression lifting ar all.

i found olanzapine to be a really good drug when i was pretty ill. like, really effective at calming my terrible anxiety and then the paranoia, delusions and voices. but as ppl say it came with a price. i went from a size 12 to a size 18 being tight in 6 months. i was also on epilim at that time- and i think the 2 ombined were responsible for this.

i am givingup smoking - 3 days off them today. b ut i am eating more. my point? - id rather put on a bit of weight that i can lose later than be sick. (my lungs were in terrible shape).

if you need it, you need it, and weight gain can be lost eventually.

have u ever been given seroquel- its pretty similar but not quite so bad if the weight gain is a side effect you experience on it. of course , im no doctor, just sharing my exp i all.

olanzapine also makes some people pretty drowsy, at first anyway. so maybe watch out for that.

hope they make you feel better,

take care

anne marie

THANKS ANNE MARIE.XXXXXXXXX

I HOPE THEY DONT AFFECT ME TO BAD IVE GOT MY KIDS TO THINK OFF

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i was on both of these about a month ago and still on venlaflaxine i find the venlaflaxine works well for me but then it might the new meds aswell. I took myself of the olazapine because it made me far to tired and quite thick not good when i 've got two kids to get up for and yes i was late every morning for school but i would NOT advise this it was not a nice experience and i won't do that again if you are psycotic like me the olanapine does work but it took at while to kick in you might be different and it does make you eat loads in my case this was a good thing i put half a stone on. I have been on both of these before and never had a problem with them together. hope that helps a little.

Archived