Mental Health Forums

John Mayer!

buoyantcat

I just got back from seeing John Mayer in concert! Wow, what a show! Also, Switchfoot was the opener. I'd never heard them before. I think I liked Switchfoot better than John Mayer... My sister took me to the concert as a birthday gift. I've never been a huge fan of John Mayer, but I now have a new respect for him! He is a true musician...even if screaming yuppy teenage girls are much of his fan base... Anyone a John Mayer fan? Switchfoot?

How awesome is that?! I'm going with some friend's to John Mayer's concert here for MY birthday in August!

And yeah I love both John Mayer and Switchfoot. Here he's playing with Maroon 5 and it is gonna be so awesome!

Yes, I love him!! I find I can really chill out to his music. I'd love to see him live.

Haven't heard of switchfoot though, is it a similar sort of music to John mayer?

You've made me want to go and listen to his album now! :D

Haha...true...okay. I don't know! I said they are a LITTLE more on the hardcore end of the spectrum....much more so than John Mayer! You gotta see them live, though. They rock out.

I've seen them live... they rock out, but not like some do.

Let's see... live wise I have seen....

*Aaron Carter (LONG time ago)

*Carmen

*3 Doors Down

*Jump 5

*Matchbox 20

*Sugar Ray

*American Hi-Fi

*Evanescence

*Kid Rock

*Trapt

*Switchfoot

*Adelayda

... + some

True. I'd say Switchfoot almost has a punk sound at times. But I really don't like punk rock. But I like Switchfoot. It looks like you have seen more rock/pop shows than me. I have seen countless jazz concerts...big huge ones in arenas, little ones in jazz clubs. So, Switchfoot doesn't really compare to jazz stuff like that. Jazz is my favorite genre. As for rock 'n roll (and yes, I like to call it "rock 'n roll"), it doesn't look like I've seen as many cool shows as you; however, I've seen Elton John twice - once on his solo tour (just him and his piano), and once with his band. Let me tell you, the Elton John band rocks! That was the coolest, loudest, most rockin' band ever! My ear drums were still ringing the next morning after the EJ band. B)

Archived