Mental Health Forums

Another Victim Of Bpd

Squeakybird

I'm new here and will make my own introduction in a separate email.

I was 25 was diagnosed with BPD. I will be 46 this summer and having one of my endless bouts of "who are my friends?" "I have no friends" "What do I consider a friend?" "Why did I have have to lose all my long time friends?" I feel anxious lately and very alone and isolated, even in my marriage. I feel I don't know him after 10 years ... scary. Sometimes I feel very close to him; I'm so glad he understands me and this thing. I feel so self conscious and socially awkward although I am learning to be calmer with the the anxiety. I used to drink more alcohol and I think that took the edge off. I am having a shot at it without even 1 glass of wine now.

I took a series of classes for BPD and felt they worked really well but I feel like I need them all over again.

My sleep doctor (I have NED: night time eating disorder) is bringing me down off of Klonopin, that's probably causing the anxiety I feel lately (but the relationship/identiy/whole diagnosis is fairly accurate for me and has been my whole life.

Just saying hello.

Squeaky

Hi there! Welcome to the site. I find it difficult to form friendships too, but I do not let it worry me. You will find some good friends on this site. Hope you enjoy it here. Beishek :mellow::

hiya and :welcomeani:

love the name, makes me giggle, no idea why :lol:

what were the classes you took for bpd? i struggle with friendships too, i have no real life friends at all anymore and spend a lot of time wondering about it all, i find it impossible to make friends properly.

people on here are friendly though and really supportive and its nice to be able to talk to people who understand. i hope you like it here :)

xxx

Is this the place to talk about eating disorders? The header says Introductions.

I don't know my way around the site yet.

I will reply, but this is Introductions ... where might I write you back at?

hiya and :welcomeani:

love the name, makes me giggle, no idea why :lol:

what were the classes you took for bpd? i struggle with friendships too, i have no real life friends at all anymore and spend a lot of time wondering about it all, i find it impossible to make friends properly.

people on here are friendly though and really supportive and its nice to be able to talk to people who understand. i hope you like it here :)

xxx

There is an eating disorders forum in one of the mental health forums. It is right under the depression and anxiety one.

Hi and welcome squeky

Hope you find this site as friendly and supportive as I have.

Take Care

Leslie x

Hi sqeaky and welcome. I'm new too here but I have found everyone very supportive and friendly. Out of interest where did you go for your BPD classes?

Take care x

Hello :)

I'm also new and hope that you're finding this place as useful and friendly as I am :) :welcomeani:

Welcome to the site - BPD is awful and many do not understand us - I understand you because I AM you .. share until the pain goes away .

The BPD classes are named "Dialectal Behavior Therapy" ... you can look it up. I guess you can say I got blessed by God because I was in therapy (when we could afford it), my counselor suggested a lady teaching these DBT skills: they taught core mindfulness, emotional regulation, interpersonal effectiveness, and distress tolerance. Look them up ... DBT is all over the web. They have been a world of help (I just need to review them again; it's been 2.5 years ago). It helped separate out fact from fantasy.

This answer goes to Rael and Treacle14 who asked.

Nancy

Hi sqeaky and welcome. I'm new too here but I have found everyone very supportive and friendly. Out of interest where did you go for your BPD classes?

Take care x

thank you, yes i know of DBT, have read up on it a lot and also heard many good things about it. i think there is a pinned post in this forum about it somewhere too. its unavailable where i am apparently but i have taken a look at some of the online courses. im glad you found it helpful.

xxx

Archived