Mental Health Forums

Amisulpiribe

Shelley

Amisulpride is so new it's not even in the PDR 7th edition. That may be because the FDA hasn't approved it for use in the US.

It's an antipsychotic, used in the treatment for schizophrenia. If it's being used by your doctor off-label as an anti-depressant, there's no clinical evidence stating it's effective. It might cause you to gain a little weight, but not as much as other antipsychotics in its class. I think the Wikipedia entry describing this drug is fairly accurate based on its references.

I dont have scitzophenia, so why put me on it?

The side effects on google dont look to rosey......im too scared to take it. :(

Talking of Rosey...here I am. I been on sulpiride. Lasted 4/6 weeks I think it was as it can mess with hormones and my boobies were swollen (a cup size) and so, so tender like I had mastitis again. But everyone is different and you may not have any drastic side-effects they did look all puzzled at me and say it was rare. But it is in my BMF that is 4/5 years old so can't be that new over here in UK anyway. xxx

O.K. thanks Roses.

Yeah they said it can make you produce milk, i had that with Respiridone and Chlorpromazine.

Its the other things im more concerend about.

So they put me on a med that can cause anxiety, insomnia, weight gain, involuntary movements.....great, just fucking great!

I said in other thread that the movement disorders are more linked to long term use and that if you work from the beginning of the list they are more likely than the ones at the end of it. If it wasn't for the boobie problems I would have stayed on it as it made me feel much better. xxx

Well I took it last night, it didn't help me sleep, it gave me a headache, but that's about it, so I will continue with it. Psychotic symtoms seemed to have eased 'slightly.' Got to take another dose at 08:00.

I was on it, was the best anti p ive been on, def for lack of side-effects.

XxX

Cool, ty jinxsta xxx

Its given me fucking akathesia and my CPN wont let the pdoc prescribe procycladine cos she says its up for abuse with my history of addiction. I FUCKING HATE HER!

Cant stop moving my legs and im irritable and weepy.

Ringing GP now.

Can u not speak 2ur pdoc direct, as its up to him, he's higher up

XxX

Yeah you would think so...he's a lap dog that doesn't do anything that my CPN doesnt agree with!

GP told me to take 20mg extra of propranolol which has helped a little.

Thanks jinx xxx

Hiya shelly im on Amisulpride ive been on it for about 4 years now and i find it really helps. I used to get really bad akenthesia with it as well but it has eased off over time. How many mg are you on? im on 1200mg daily.

It does cause leaky boobs which I still have and I dont get periods on it neither not that im bothered about that!!!!!!

I find that if a miss a few doses the restlesness in my legs etc comes back so make sure you stay going. I am on procycldine for the reslesness too and it seems to help.

Good luck you will be fine ok.

Hugs Hera xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well this is terific! Woke up and within half hour my legs started again, i have Akathesia, in both legs, and the one drug that can help it (procycldine) they wont prescribe because of the fact you can get a 'buzz' from it and my CPN, haa said no to that, i dont want it for the buzz i want it to treat what its used for, i am going to make a formal complaint about my CPN, in writing.

Ive googled akathesisia and it can leave you feeling suicidal, with a high percentage of doing it.

BARSTARDS!

I would stop taking it, then they'll listen to you, bu that's me and I'm childish like that.

Apparantly it gets worse if you stop it, ive just cut the dose in half as told.

The side effects are not that bad now......hooray!!

I will cut the dose in half again tomorow for three day's and then stop it, im going to try life without anti-phychotics cos' they give me bad side effects and make me fat, well, fatter than normal! (like two stone fatter) :angry:

Got Procyclodine, only when the akathesia made me suicidal......anywho, stopped that anti-phychotic and got procyclodine and got put back on Quetiapine, wish they would just leave my meds alone, feel lkie a guine-pig (sp?)

At least it's all sorted now. :)

Glad your meds sorted but sorry you feel like a guinea-pig. Least guinea-pigs are cute, warm and lovely to cuddle, so it's not all bad! ;)

omfgosh i HATE AKATASIA.

its gotta be the worst feeling ever.

benadryl- avai;able otc, in the uk, or else in a syrup 1mg/ml will work.

i have had it maybe 10 times- been in hosp with it, nurses looking at me jerking and crying, and just leaving me there with no antidote. cows. no, cows are nice. cockroaches.

i keepcogentin #(now off the market) and akiniten(sp) in the med hamper :) jut in case. these are pretty effective, oh,and a spare valium,

tell you what, i'd like to see my consultanyt psychiatrist after being shot 20mg in the arse of that serenace stuff.

i totally believe it causes a lot of suicides. i nearly threw myself on the subway in new york akatasiaed out of it.

take care, do what you feel is best for you.

anne marie

omfgosh i HATE AKATASIA.

its gotta be the worst feeling ever.

benadryl- avai;able otc, in the uk, or else in a syrup 1mg/ml will work.

i have had it maybe 10 times- been in hosp with it, nurses looking at me jerking and crying, and just leaving me there with no antidote. cows. no, cows are nice. cockroaches.

i keepcogentin #(now off the market) and akiniten(sp) in the med hamper :) jut in case. these are pretty effective, oh,and a spare valium,

tell you what, i'd like to see my consultanyt psychiatrist after being shot 20mg in the arse of that serenace stuff.

i totally believe it causes a lot of suicides. i nearly threw myself on the subway in new york akatasiaed out of it.

take care, do what you feel is best for you.

anne marie

Finally someone who knows the pure hell of having akathesia!

It took me to become suicidal before they would prescribe Procyclodine, that drug stops it fast. :)

Thanks anne marie xxxxxx

Archived