Mental Health Forums

Wis

Katherine

hey Wis, remember you said about Efexor and blood pressure?

Well, I saw my GP today and asked her to check my blood pressure. Its fine.

114 over 8 I think was what it was.

So I'm fine. (In blood presure terms anyway...!)

karie

Thats an excellent blood pressure. If you look in the PDR it mentions high b/p as a adverse side effect and mentions monitoring of. I hope you or one else has this problem. You are smart to have asked abuot b/p. Keep checking it now and then......

My blood pressure got over 185/102. My B/P lowered when the effexor was discontinued. I had been on effexor for over 2 years. My high b/p emerged rather suddenly. I now have a b/p of 145/85. NOt bad considering.

Good luck

Wiz

yeah, it must be 80 Ginny, cheers!!!!

and thanks Wiz. I really felt I had to get it checked. I'd of course read all the side effects, then you said..and my mum is on a diet to lower high bp and high cholesterol....(mind you she is 68, doesn't get much exercise, drinks, and eats a lot of animal fat--whereas I am 34, walk nearly everywhere, am demi-veg, tho I eat lots of chocolate! and have never drunk)

My GP said to ask my mum what her cholesterol level is now so to determine whether it would be a good idea for me to have a c. check too. So things are well taken care of!

Thanks again,

karie

no....(except to my unconscious lol!)

seriously, I go into google images, type something like child crying and hunt through what comes up. That's where I find my little ones....if they look a little like I did when I was a little one, then all the better....it has to be a picture I am drawn to, want to pick up and hug the child in the picture....

karie

Archived