Mental Health Forums

Another Topic Deleted! :o(

steven

Im just wondering why the topics on animal creulty i keep posting are allways being deleted ?

OK I accept the first one was a bit "strong" but the one i launched last night ref caged hens was ok it was about the things that really affect my mental health!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

WHY ARE THEY BEING DELETED ID LIKE AN ANSWER ONLINE PLEASE??? :angry: IN FACT all of my topics have now been deleted! :(

Thank u for your replies and putting this topic back up! The few tears that I had running down my face because i thought i was hated on here, have now stopped! :) going thru a rocky patch at the mo, the last thing i needed was 2 be unliked + unwanted on a public forum!

I just thought i was being bullied and victimised because all my topics were being deleted with out reason! ok it must of been the link i put up, at least now I know!

I wont be trying 2 re-publish the topic on animal cruelty anyways!

I feel as tho i can now stay on this forum as i was about 2 leave for good + go elsewere! :)

Hi Steven,

Sorry you're feeling distressed. I understand your passion for plights against animal cruelty and also understand how these things can hurt your mental health.

Just wanted to put a new slant on things. Having topics deleted on a public forum doesn't necessarily mean you are hated, even by those deleting them. It's not really much different than a police man giving you a ticket for speeding. He doesnt' hate you, he's just doing his job and upholding the rules.

As a member here I certainly have no reason to hate you. On the contrary from what I have read from you I can actually relate to you very well and see a lot of things in common that we share.

Also please remember that things that happen online, whether here or elsewhere, are really no reflection on your value as a person. People act way different in cyber space than they do face to face and often take liberties to say and do things they would not normally do if they were with you in person. This is because a lot of the barriers are removed, they don't have to see your painful expressions or hear your tears or face the consequences of what they have done. People tend to be a lot harsher and crueller here because they can hide behind their screen names. This doesn't mean you deserve it, or that you are a bad person or that you arn't worthy of better treatment. It's just the way it is. Try not to let things that bother you online move into your real world because the real world is so much more important.

Take care.

WP et al.

hiya steven

im a vegan. i abhor animal cruelty.

most ppl on here do, as when you're (still) ill there is nothing like snuggling up to your dog or kitty.

but its not that you are unwanted or unliked- its just that some people cant handle the reality. even i can't , as a vegan, sit down and 'enjoy' a book about the truth of slaughter houses, fucking factory farming - the whole gamut.

it haunts me as much as books and films about the holocaust do.

xxx

'i wear black on the outside, cos black is how i feel on he inside'

that one's for you. take care fellow morrissey lover.

anne marie x

Steven,

I made your topic about caged hens invisible because I felt it breached one of the terms of use of the site:

'it is not a place for debating or preaching any religious or political views that you may have'

Asking people to sign petitions, in my opinion, is political. However, a moderator will review your topic and decide whether it is allowed or not.

This is in no way a reflection on you as a person or your opinions, I am simply trying to do my job by upholding the rules. I hope this experience does not deter you from using the site.

hey hun, as a vegan too i totally am with you with your view on the cruelty issues and i agree it can actually make you ill and i think its great you want to do something.

must say also though, i dont think that all petitions are political, most i tend to see i would class as ethical. i have also seen many on this site (some similar) and as far as i know there hasnt been a problem, they have stayed there anyway. just a bit confusing. ah well

take care

xxx

I saw a Sainsburys advert on tv today, and they say that their basic eggs come from cage-free chickens. They obviously sell normal free range, as well as woodland eggs. They do not sell any eggs from caged hens. That sounds like a positive thing to me, its definitely going in the right direction.

Totally. They are stamped with a number and on the box it tells you what that number means. 0=cage etc... I found this out as the Netto 'free-range' ones state they are freerange on the packaging but they are stamped with a 0 and on the box 0 means cage so don't know what's going on there. It is a world of difference now as to when I campaigned for the vegetarian society back in the late 80's. We have definately come a long way.

• 2 weeks later...

I would rather buy stuff that is not free range - at least they dont know what they are missing - free range has had freedom then it is taken away

Jane

'free range' does not mean your dinner has had a life of merriment and frivolity;

"Free-Range" hens come from the same hatcheries that battery hens come from, all of their male brothers are killed by suffocation or being ground up alive, the girls themselves endure the same bodily manipulations and mutilations, and they ALL ultimately end up at the same slaughterhouses when their "production" declines.

I am often asked "Don't you think it is still better that people buy 'Cage-Free' eggs rather than battery produced eggs if they are going to buy eggs anyway?" I feel the person actually wants to believe that their consumer dollar is not paying for someone else to commit animal abuse, when in fact it is – no matter what production means were used.

It is like asking if I think strangulation is better than suffocation. My answer is: Neither is an acceptable option. There is simply NO way to humanely produce eggs for human consumption.

Member, Peaceful Prarie Sanctuart

The above convey my sentiments on the matter of 'free tange'. bout money and lies and cruelty.

Anne Marie

I would rather buy stuff that is not free range - at least they dont know what they are missing - free range has had freedom then it is taken away

Jane

Hello Jane58 Narinda here. Chickens are very small brain I think important to respect natural and maintain if they can do.

Narinda

thankx everyone for all your kind words and encouragement 2 stay ect :) yea i know deep down im not hated on here :)

Thanx MEME for the explination as 2 why the topic was removed, i appreciate your honesty, im not sure tho asking people 2 sign a petion is "political" in any way but then again it may be depending on how one looks at it!

But I think the way some poor chickens are kept inprisoned + caged for life unable 2 move were they scream in agoney ect is just nasty - simple as that! :angry:

buying free range eggs at least, offers the poor birds some natural freedom 2 roam about free from suffering ect :)

ps

Im doing very well, I can block out the present and the past now,

I know by now by now u think I should of straightened my selfself, thank you - DROP DEAD!

Ohh somthing is squeezing my skull, somthing I can I bearly discribe, there is no hope in moderen life.

Im doing very well , its a miricle I even made this far

The motions of taxis excites me, will you peel it back and bite me?

Ohh somthing is squeezing my skull, somthing I can I bearly discribe, there is no hope in moderen life.

somthing is squeezing my skull, somthing i just cant fight, no true frends in modern life

Diazapam - thats valium

tamazapam..... lithium... HTR..... ECT

how long must I stay on this stuff?

dont gimme anymore, dont gimme anymore

PLEASE DONT gimmie anymore

YOU SWORE you would not gimmie anymore, DONT gimmie any more......

Oh you SWORE

you swore

you swore! you swore!

you swore you would not gimmie any more.- MORRISSEY

that ones for you absinthephrenz ! :)

I only buy free range eggs.

I have been prescribed temazepam before steven and narrowly avoided becoming addicted to it. Lets hope things are better for you soon.

I used to work on a farm where we had chickens and geese roaming. We hunted for eggs each morning, and they were the best tasting eggs ever, but we didn't sell them. The chicken and geese were happy enough though. I've visited other farms like this, but these sort of farms just don't sell the eggs, they are for personal consumption and they only gather enough eggs to use. My next door neighbour has chickens too, but I've not knocked and asked if we could have some of their eggs, but I know his chickens look happy enough. I think people who have chickens just for the pleasure of having them rather than for making money are more likely to have happy chickens.

I always thought free range eggs came from these kinds of environments!

Here's my take on things:

As long as the eggs make it to my plate I could care less. Unless they're poisoning the eggs and I will go ill they can do what they want with the chickens.

As for asking people to sign petitions on here... We're trying to support each other and share our thoughts and feelings about our mental health. I don't see how asking people to sign a petition would serve anyone on here to those ends. Thank you for removing the topic before I had the chance to read it.

Steven, I realise our world views don't coincide on the matter of chicken care. If I were you I'd probably be talking about the humans suffering and not about the animals. There's plenty of those around the world. If you think taking care of chickens better is more important than getting eggs to as many people as possible then I must say I don't see a way we could ever reach agreement. But we can agree to disagree. You're not your world view, that's just one aspect of your personality. I don't hate you for it but I do think that when you post on here, it should be relevant to mental health primarily. There's plenty of forums protecting and advancing animal rights you could join to discuss those matters.

I think the most important thing is that you care. Having something to care about is taken for granted by most, and an impossible task for others. I'm glad you can say that you truly do care, I know I have problems even pretending to.

:hug2:

FREe range, organic, its all bullshit.

unless you go to the fArm and pick the eggs yourself and see the chickens scratching round the place...

but in our factory farming process there is no room for this- ORGANIC -ME HOLE.

Dear steven---

'Heifer whines could be human cries

Closer comes the screaming knife

This beautiful creature must die

This beautiful creature must die

A death for no reason

And death for no reason is murder

And the flesh you so fancifully fry

Is not succulent, tasty or kind

Its death for no reason

And death for no reason is murder

And the calf that you carve with a smile