Mental Health Forums

Abilify

Wisdom

I have been on Abilify 10mgs per day and it being the 6th day I am experiencing headache, hand tremor, muscle twitching, dizzyness, and nausea. Jan wants me to continue the med.......................I threw the 3pm dose down the drain ......... i'll share that with her tomorrow. Bad bad "adverse side effect".

I'll tell my doc on Monday when I schedule my ect........

Wiz

Thats really great that it works for you............ I wish I could have been luckier. I'm not taking it anymore....I stopped yesterday and am still experiencing some (less) side effects. So its back to the Lithium..

Wiz

ps. how long have you been on on the Abilify?

I am not a pharmacist or a doc. Abilify (anti-psychotic) has been out on the market I believe for over a year.....?? It was originally developed for those with schizophrenia. The medication then helped. So the drug manufacturers thought it might help those with mood disorders. (neuro transmitters or something's are similar) So studies were done and it was determined safe to prescribe for mood d/o. From what I have personally heard.......less than half of the ppl I have spoken to are satisfied customers. But then.... I'm not a researcher...only a customer.

IMO, they took a medication referred to as Haldol which decreases dopamine and recreated it and called it Abilify. This is not proven and is just my opinion. It's odd that both Abilify and Haldol have the similar chemical structure, side effects, adverse side effects, ............. also both can cause TD and cogentin is often used for involuntary movements that can eventually become perm.

What might work for one may not work for someone else.

Wiz

Archived