Mental Health Forums

Boo!

Truelove89

Hi, newly officially diagnosed with BPD although have had my suspicions that I wasn't quite right for a while.

Hoping to find people going through the same shit on here as me, as not many on my friends really understand it.

^_^:P

:welcomeani: lol There are a lot of people with BPD here. And the rest are used to being around us. People tend to be very understanding here. This place is, as I understand it anyway, geared towards recovery, so there's lots of advice, support, hugs, etc. I hope you like it here. :)

Cheers. Do any of you know what Psychotherapy involves? I've been told it makes things worse before it makes things better. I only recently realised this wasn't something that was gonna get better soon. Which kinda sucks. :wacko:

Not sure about Psychotherapy specifically. I'm pretty sure there's someone around who has tried it though.

I've found that, for me at least, the therapies that bring issues into the foreground are the ones that help the most. Then those issues get faced and dealt with. Unfortunately, that often makes things worse for a while. I think it's worth it though.

:welcomeani: Truelove89

I have BPD and am just starting psychortherapy, have had one session. Its basically a talking treatment. Perhaps I will be able to let you know more when I am further into it.

Psychotherapy does take a while. I've had that. I'ce also had cbt which is more productive for me. dbt is supposed to be good for bpd as is schema work.

It quite often does get a little worse before it gets better, as with everything in life and alternative therapies too. The period where you get it all out there is quite often upsetting but if they are worth their salt they will support you through this and help guide you in the right direction for you.

Hope this helps. It is definately worth looking at all possibilities and not disregarding an opportunity. xxxxx

Why will it not let me upload my picture of tinkerbell? It keeps saying that its an invalid file extension? what does this mean?

It's best if it ends in .JPEG some files don't upload.

Right click on picture and 'open with' paint.

Make it right size (quite small pref)

'Save as' and choose .JPEG extension on bottom drop down list.

That should do it. xxxxx

Welcome. I have BPD also. hope you find this forum as useful and supportive as i do

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi and welcome Truelove

i also have BPD and find the site very helpful. hope you do too.

Take Care

Leslie x

Hi and welcome. Ive had psychotherapy, it was long term and hard slog and sometimes I wanted to leave it was so painful but the results were worth all of the efforts. In my opinion and Im sure everyone must have different experiences it took a while before I could trust my therapist. And I read a lot of books and articles on the subject too. It helped me to understand what I was dealing with.

xx

:wacko:

thanks everyones ^_^

i went a bit mad today, but am chillin out at home now, altho very very lonely and sad atm coz partner has gone to the pub. i hate being alone, it scares me :unsure:

Archived