Mental Health Forums

Not Entitled To Opinions

PuppyLove

I replied to a post about racists etc,I am black myself,I admit i was offended by that post,in fact it triggered me bad,feels like everyone is now ignoring me cos i said that i am black, i feel like everyone is against me here.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend puppylove I am sorry that a black is not liked here. You offer me a friendship only little time ago and I see great good in you not skin.

Narinda

Noone is against you and noone was ignoring your post. You only just posted it! I am sure meme was offended by being accused of being racist when nothing was said that would indicate he was, and now you are accusing everyone else of being racist because they didn't respond to you fast enough. It's not only black people that suffer from racism, everyone of every colour and ethnic group suffers racism. However I have not seen anyone on this forum be racist to anyone else, if you have seen that then please post it here as it would be seen as very serious if that were the case.

What i see here sammy is you standing by meme because you are his friend,I mean his T is black so what,colour of skin does not matter.

Thank you broken,we have made good friends tonight.

I try hard to be clear. When people only see a skin they are blind and it is great shame for family and friend. Do not worry or be ill for any time thinking a black is smelly. I am being called names and pray for the ones who dis it.

Narinda

Ok I can understand that, but of course meme can not help that he feels uncomfortable around his t. I think I need to look up the definition of a racist, because I've always thought it was someone that incites hatred of a particular race or colour, not someone who simply feels uncomfortable around a person of a different race or colour.

My social worker is black, my dentist is indian as is my psychiatrist and my old gp was also indian. I feel totally comfortable around all of them. In fact I have recieved more care and consideration from these people than any others I have seen before. Whether it is because of their culture or ethics I don't know, but they seem to care more about me and spend more time digging deeper into things. That being said I don't expect everyone to feel the same way that I do.

If someone has not spent much time around other cultures and ethnic groups, would it not be normal to feel out of your comfort zone to begin with? Perhaps it is easier for me because I grew up around people from various different backgrounds and cultures?

I was not defending him because he is my friend, I do my best to stay impartial.

How many of us girls feel uncomfortable around men sue to bad experiences but have male friends or Dr's etc? That's not being sexist, it's a feeling that isn't acted upon & IMO it's the same as this 'racism' thingy

Ok I can understand that, but of course meme can not help that he feels uncomfortable around his t. I think I need to look up the definition of a racist, because I've always thought it was someone that incites hatred of a particular race or colour, not someone who simply feels uncomfortable around a person of a different race or colour.

My social worker is black, my dentist is indian as is my psychiatrist and my old gp was also indian. I feel totally comfortable around all of them. In fact I have recieved more care and consideration from these people than any others I have seen before. Whether it is because of their culture or ethics I don't know, but they seem to care more about me and spend more time digging deeper into things. That being said I don't expect everyone to feel the same way that I do.

If someone has not spent much time around other cultures and ethnic groups, would it not be normal to feel out of your comfort zone to begin with? Perhaps it is easier for me because I grew up around people from various different backgrounds and cultures?

I was not defending him because he is my friend, I do my best to stay impartial.

Hello Sammy Narinda here I am most happy that you see asians are more respectful and good people.

Narinda

No one that I have talked to on this site (I admit I haven't read every single thing) has ever acted racist towards any of the members. Until now that is.

I know I'll probably get people angry with me, but here's a question. When you accuse people of being racist towards you, is that them being racist or is it you?

I've gotten jumped on like that before, accused of racism just for being white. Not because of anything I've said or done or even thought, but because they were paranoid and I happen to be a different skin colour. To me, it sounds like that is what you are doing now to meme and other people.

So who's the real racist here?

Sorry. I'm not going to go along with this charade. I have no problem with other colours in the human race. Although I admit that maybe I'm just being triggered by memories of facing racism myself. What I have described above and other things. Yes, white people face racism too. It's ignored and sometimes encouraged (where I am, at least), but it's there.

My friend puppylove I am sorry that a black is not liked here. You offer me a friendship only little time ago and I see great good in you not skin.

Narinda

That is totally unjustified and ridiculous. I take great offence to that. This site is by no means racist.

Yeah I'm pretty sure there are. Don't know exactly since we don't see everyone's faces (what with it being a forum and all), but I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

I expect there probably are. It is not one of the questions asked when filling out application to join!!!!

I expect there probably are. It is not one of the questions asked when filling out application to join!!!!

I know that,Please don't have a go at me,I just asked a question.Thank you

I am sure there must be. I think I remember someone mentioning it before but it was a long time ago so can't recall who it was. Also, skin colour aside there are people here from different countries too, although yes the vast majority are from England. But there are people from Germany, South Africa, America, Canada and Australia that I personally know of, and could be more too.

I know that,Please don't have a go at me,I just asked a question.Thank you

I am sorry, i apologise. I don't want anybody to think this site is rasict because it is not. I think ideas have been put into your head. Cast them aside. We are all friendly here and wish you a warm welcome

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Missfit Narinda here I have no problem with black or yellow. I am asian and my english is still learning I see have offended people I was not clear. Be patient or calm as I learn. Skin is not a problem inside is person I see.

Narinda

Archived