Mental Health Forums

Not Entitled To Opinions

PuppyLove

Hello Missfit Narinda here I have no problem with black or yellow. I am asian and my english is still learning I see have offended people I was not clear. Be patient or calm as I learn. Skin is not a problem inside is person I see.

Narinda

Ah good to hear Narinda, no offence taken x

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I replied to a post about racists etc,I am black myself,I admit i was offended by that post,in fact it triggered me bad,feels like everyone is now ignoring me cos i said that i am black, i feel like everyone is against me here.

I am sorry if you felt triggered but that was not my intention. I use this forum for self-improvement so when I find things about myself that I do not like I talk about them to try and work on them. I have not ignored you in fact I have replied to several of your posts.

I think you tend to react quite defensively. Nobody is against you, we are all here to support each other with our mental health issues.

My friend puppylove I am sorry that a black is not liked here. You offer me a friendship only little time ago and I see great good in you not skin.

This forum is not racist. Everyone who keeps to the rules of the site is welcome.

Ok I can understand that, but of course meme can not help that he feels uncomfortable around his t. I think I need to look up the definition of a racist, because I've always thought it was someone that incites hatred of a particular race or colour, not someone who simply feels uncomfortable around a person of a different race or colour.

My social worker is black, my dentist is indian as is my psychiatrist and my old gp was also indian. I feel totally comfortable around all of them. In fact I have recieved more care and consideration from these people than any others I have seen before. Whether it is because of their culture or ethics I don't know, but they seem to care more about me and spend more time digging deeper into things. That being said I don't expect everyone to feel the same way that I do.

If someone has not spent much time around other cultures and ethnic groups, would it not be normal to feel out of your comfort zone to begin with? Perhaps it is easier for me because I grew up around people from various different backgrounds and cultures?

I was not defending him because he is my friend, I do my best to stay impartial.

i dont know whats going on here but on this subject i would feel uncomfortable around a male gynacologist or a religious therapist. i would not want to stop these people having the opportunity to be part of these professions, but i personally would not go to either, thats not a judgement on either person just my personal feelings for these types of personal interactions. i dont think that makes me prejudice. people have all kinds of personal associations around race or religon or sex based on their own personal historys and as long as they are not discriminating against people based on these things then they are entitled to their personal feelings. an it is sad that often we identify people in these ways rather than seeing them as an individual. when it comes to friends/colleges etc i dont think of people as anything other than who they are but when it comes to certain area of my life, like medical treatment, i do, and i think if i dont want a male nurse to take my smear test based on the fact hes male thats my choice

No one that I have talked to on this site (I admit I haven't read every single thing) has ever acted racist towards any of the members. Until now that is.

I know I'll probably get people angry with me, but here's a question. When you accuse people of being racist towards you, is that them being racist or is it you?

I've gotten jumped on like that before, accused of racism just for being white. Not because of anything I've said or done or even thought, but because they were paranoid and I happen to be a different skin colour. To me, it sounds like that is what you are doing now to meme and other people.

So who's the real racist here?

Sorry. I'm not going to go along with this charade. I have no problem with other colours in the human race. Although I admit that maybe I'm just being triggered by memories of facing racism myself. What I have described above and other things. Yes, white people face racism too. It's ignored and sometimes encouraged (where I am, at least), but it's there.

I think the actual racism black people experience all the time far outweighs any annoyance you may experience by being falsely accused of racism once in a while.

I have a good friend who is both scottish and asian.

My wife and I stayed in a hotel in Manchester for a night last year, and we went out to dinner with her and her friend in an indian restaurant.

When my friend arrived she asked the hotelier for directions in urdu. Apparently, he replied by wanting to know why she was with us, as if there was something wrong with an asian lady mixing with a white couple. Then, he asked her if he should let us stay for free.

So, the hotel price obviously depends on the colour of your skin.

Its not only black people who experience racism.

I have a good friend who is both scottish and asian.

My wife and I stayed in a hotel in Manchester for a night last year, and we went out to dinner with her and her friend in an indian restaurant.

When my friend arrived she asked the hotelier for directions in urdu. Apparently, he replied by wanting to know why she was with us, as if there was something wrong with an asian lady mixing with a white couple. Then, he asked her if he should let us stay for free.

So, the hotel price obviously depends on the colour of your skin.

Its not only black people who experience racism.

im confused, you guys would have gotten a free stay for being white? in Manchester??

either way, if its only resulting in a "perk" for some people...i don't know, no ones actually getting hurt, but that kind of racism is commonplace all over asia. :/

Are you a troll?

You have made a total of 38 posts, possibly 6 threads, and have dozens of replies. You appear to be making issues about racism that are very unclear.

Maripol, Im guessing you like an argument too?

White people are racially attacked too you know, it works both ways.

by the way I am trollist, not racist!

you can't compare the two, is what I'm saying.

38 posts is a nice even number...

im confused, you guys would have gotten a free stay for being white? in Manchester??

either way, if its only resulting in a "perk" for some people...i don't know, no ones actually getting hurt, but that kind of racism is commonplace all over asia. :/

I could have got a free stay because my friend was the same skin colour as the hotel owners.

My feelings were hurt. Why could they just not reduce their prices slightly, and charge everyone the same, regardless of their skin colour?

Just because something is commonplace, does not make it right.

I could have got a free stay because my friend was the same skin colour as the hotel owners.

My feelings were hurt. Why could they just not reduce their prices slightly, and charge everyone the same, regardless of their skin colour?

Just because something is commonplace, does not make it right.

seriously, maybe the guy was in a good mood and happy to see another urdu speaker, you don't know if it's actually policy.

Maybe you should have stuck at 38 posts...

Are there black members here?

I am Irish if that counts?

Only messing. To be honest I would say that you have some issues regarding race. Maybe its because of society or previous experiences. I am not saying its your fault but if you spend time looking for racism a lot of simple statements might be misinterpreted that way. Loads of things in life piss me off. People in life can be nasty no matter what their race or background

Colour is not an issue for me or most of the people on this site I have been in contact with.

Today I am green as I am going through cold turkey,

Yesterday I was blue as I was sad,

The day before I was red because I was angry,

The day before that I was white because I was frightened.

Nobody was aware of that as smilies are yellow ! :)

Take care friend

hi puppylove, right yeh as u can see my username is autism, but any way i wanted to say that i dont discriminate regardless of there race, colour, disability or any of there background. i like to treat everyone fairly.

Hello meme Narinda here most tired. A depression is hard to sleep I upset many peoples comforting puppylove about black skin I exposed earlier I am caring about peron not colour. Please try hearing me and understand no racist and not knowing you racist.

Narinda

Racism can work both ways you know. That thread that triggered you had nothing remotely racist in it's content. Perhaps the problem is your own Puppy Love.

The only reason you can't compare the two is because it's ignored. Or because of where you are. Maybe you don't hear or see it where you are. Or maybe you just don't want to.

The only reason you can't compare the two is because it's ignored. Or because of where you are. Maybe you don't hear or see it where you are. Or maybe you just don't want to.

actually sociologists compare the two all the time, it is their job after all. im not convinced the two cant be compared, or for example that any discrimination of any group cant be compared with another, would the holecaust not be worthy of comparrison to racism blacks suffer? would the child sex slave not be comparable? or how people with learning disabilities used to be locked up and experimented on? to assume one group of people have it any worse than any other group due to prejudice is incredibley nieve and assuming any one persons experience can be defined by the experience of the group they are being catagorised as is incredibley ignorant and lacking in compassion and prejudice in and of itself. a black female lesbian with disabilities may experience alot less prejudice than a middle class white male depending on their individual experiences within their individual lives and families and countries and comunities etc. although there is a higher likelyhood the first person would experience more prejudice there is no certainty of this, and for all we know the second individuals experience of prejudice maybe far more horrific than any one persons experience of prejudice.

Are you a troll?

You have made a total of 38 posts, possibly 6 threads, and have dozens of replies. You appear to be making issues about racism that are very unclear.

Maripol, Im guessing you like an argument too?

by the way I am trollist, not racist!

I am no TROLL,It was meme's post that kicked me off

Racism can work both ways you know. That thread that triggered you had nothing remotely racist in it's content. Perhaps the problem is your own Puppy Love.

I think you are trying to say i have a chip on my shoulder well maybe i have.

This forum is all about support and NOT POLITICAL DEBATE.

I DIDN'T INTEND FOR IT TO BE A POLITICAL DEBATE.So i am not entitled to my opinion then??

oh, meme, you really stirred up a lot of shit with your posting the other day, didnt you.

i am tired of reading about you and your friend ruth rowing, becoming friends, rowing , ad nauseum. this is a support forum, but i see the level of ctual support dropping by the day.

i dont feel you should be a mini mod here for several reasons-

you have offended a lot iof people

as a mini mod or whatever- you are expected to kinda have your own issues in check, and not be shitting them out all over the board. at the very least you are supposed to be a role model for new members!

you say you have college, a wife, kids,drink problems- well when i did peer support i was only able to do it for 4 weeks, then resigned. it was too much for me and i could identify that. maybe you should think about that too.

Now anyone here on the disabilty, income support, benefits, free doctors, therapists and an 'income' from the state know exactly how you really feel about them, no matter how much back peddling you do.

as a mini mod, you are supposed to find innapropriate posts and take them down- you put your own up :lol:

and im not into this reverse racism row- now puppylove & narinda are 'racist'-ridiculous! ffs, it was meme who opened up this pandoras box, and should close it.

and while this stupidity goes on, new members are being left out, and getting overlooked.

This forum is all about support and NOT POLITICAL DEBATE.

and people generally find it easier to access support when they are feel they are safe to voice opinions and can be heard and understood, and silencing never helps communication

Please close the thread,I am being accused of being everything and i am not happy.

puppy love you are entitled to your opinnion.if you have an issue with your thread than submit a support ticket.

I am sure that the fact you have experienced racism in your life makes you very wary but i can assure you that this is simply a support site to support people regardless of their colour.

Because you have said on the forum that people dont like you because of your colour of course this is going to get the reaction it has had.Because everyones trying to assure you that that is not the case on here.

Archived