Mental Health Forums

Not Entitled To Opinions

PuppyLove

Meme has apologised over and over for his actions and has explained why he wrote what he did. Have you read his more recent posts?

I too was offended but I think this subject should now be closed and we should move on.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi meme

I dont want to add to any argument, I just wanted to focus on something that is perhaps of key importance here, and thats your own recovery.

I have had many therapists, and I do find that the ones I am most able to identify with or feel most relaxed around provide a more instant 'click'. The best therapist i ever had was an older man, and I liked him instantly because he was like a caring, strong dad.

With my current therapist I had an interesting issue in that I found her very attractive, and that made it harder to open up and be natural. Its taken quite a bit longer to feel able to open up, and I do still experience trouble sometimes when I suddenly feel like I fancy her again **sigh**

When it comes to openeing up to others, we need to feel we identify with them. It may be that it will take a while for you to feel relaxed with your T, after all you are talking about the deepest things that are inside of you and that cause you lots of pain. It will take time to feel comfy with ANY therapist, but from what I have seen of you writing lately I feel like you are already making insights, which is heartwarming to see.

Ross

Hi meme

I dont want to add to any argument, I just wanted to focus on something that is perhaps of key importance here, and thats your own recovery.

I have had many therapists, and I do find that the ones I am most able to identify with or feel most relaxed around provide a more instant 'click'. The best therapist i ever had was an older man, and I liked him instantly because he was like a caring, strong dad.

With my current therapist I had an interesting issue in that I found her very attractive, and that made it harder to open up and be natural. Its taken quite a bit longer to feel able to open up, and I do still experience trouble sometimes when I suddenly feel like I fancy her again **sigh**

When it comes to openeing up to others, we need to feel we identify with them. It may be that it will take a while for you to feel relaxed with your T, after all you are talking about the deepest things that are inside of you and that cause you lots of pain. It will take time to feel comfy with ANY therapist, but from what I have seen of you writing lately I feel like you are already making insights, which is heartwarming to see.

My therapist is totally non-judgemental and his attitude comes across as a person who wants to help and genuinely believes that I can "get better" (whatever that means). I believe he respects me and I respect him also. He seems to be well-regarded in his field, he has apparently been published in several books and journals. A lot of my issues are to do with faulty parenting and before he was a psychotherapist (he has 14 years experience) he was a youth worker, which is probably a useful background to have.

I have only had two sessions; in the first I realised I had BPD (the answer to a 30 year riddle) and in the second I realised how strange my mother is. Thats phenomenal progress! So, I am nervous but excited about the therapy. I expect to be in therapy for a long time (a year or more).

Just out of interest, Ross, did you tell your therapist that you found her attractive? Many therapists (including mine) encourage you to bring up issues that occur within the therapy itself.

Hi meme

Yes i did tell her that I found her attractive, was a bit embarrassing ...

I know what you mean about making realisations about parents and things, its like being given a new view on the world :blink:

Glad you are feeling hopeful!

Ross

Archived