Mental Health Forums

Can't Use Chat

PuppyLove

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya, after so many posts or so long of being a member you need to subscribe to use certain features, so my guess would be if you haven't subscribed or volunteered then that could well be why x

You need to be a sponsor or a volunteer (e.g. mini mod or welcomer or peer supporter) to use the chat. If you want to know how to sponsor or volunteer you can ask here if you like and I (or someone else) will explain it.

Ah i'm not sure then, I thought you could access chat at first to see if you liked it etc but may be wrong. Do you get any error messages & dya have Java? You'd need to volunteer (Help out in some way) or subscribe as the site costs alot to run & takes alot of time & it all helps out. You can send in a support ticket I think if you can't get in chat & should've been able to, it might be that after so many forum posts you can't & so you might have done the amount

I don't understand why a sponsor and MOD's etc can only access chat,So if i don't want to volunteer i have to pay?Why is this?I have a friend who runs a site and it costs around £200 a year to run a site.I am confused.

If you read the post that Em left it explains why newbies cannot use chat unless sponsors or volunteers. People were taking advantage of the situation. It may seem unfair but they are the new rules

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This site costs alot more than that to run, it provides Counselling & all kinds as it's a registered Charity, I don't know figures or how much, but can imagine it's huge in costs! Plus as you can see there are alot of members, so help is needed in practical ways too not just financial. Nobody has to volunteer or pay tho, it's a choice the forums are free to use x

Amir al-Muminin (as) said: "Know with certainty that you cannot achieve your desire and cannot exceed your destined life. You are on the track of those before you. Therefore, be humble in seeking and moderate in earning because often seeking leads to deprivation. Every seeker of livelihood does not get it, nor is everyone who is moderate in seeking deprived."

Hello friend be at peaceful.

Narinda

It's to protect the chatroom from members that may come here under false pretenses (trolls) those who are looking to trigger and upset others. It is unlikely someone would go to the lengths of paying or volunteering just to access chat to upset people. It is implemented due to the fact that members here have mental health problems and can be very vulnerable.

The mods volunteer their time and cannot be there all the time. Not only this but having a mod there all the time means people can not feel free to be themselves, feel policed and we like people to be able to be themselves at the same time as being in a safe environment.

£ £ £ £ 2008 2007

Receipts

Donations & subscriptions 586 12,133

Charitable activities 6,502 1,160

Conference income 5,448 1,730

Loans from individuals 0 190

Grant 17,937

Bank interest 7 3

Total receipts 30,480 15,216

Payments

Stationery 1248 566

Postage 1604 669

Advertising 222 132

Insurance 635 209

Training 4614 425

Rent 3219 835

Office services 0 1,351

Computer Expenses 545 126

Traveling Expenses 230 757

Fixtures and Fittings 2750 1,471

Telephone 3068 2,036

Cleaning 0 0

Repairs 406 22

Bank and transaction charges 5

Consultancy 2877.23 123

Training 35 40

Power 935

Repayments of loan 782 4,313

Conference expenses 8150

Total payments 31,325 13,075

(Deficit)/Surplus of Receipts over payments (845) 2,141

All income and expenditure was unrestricted.

Receipts and Payments Account

BPDWORLD

paid much for fixtures and fittings

31 Mar 2008 £30,480 £31,325 28 Jan 2009 27 Jan 2009 Accounts

31 Mar 2007 £15,216 £13,075 22 Aug 2007 30 Oct 2008 (273 days late)

31 Dec 2006 £16,143 £16,841 11 Sep 2006 22 Nov 2007 (22 days late)

I talked to accountant friend and said it is not as it must be. I am feeling this is bad for friend and not give money please

Narinda

We've never claimed the money donated goes to the internet! When we ask people to donate we are asking them to donate to bpd world, which is a charity that offers much more than just this forum!

Archived