Mental Health Forums

Feeling A Little Shaky.

LadyMacbeth

I just e-mailed my T many of my crisis posts filled with anger, hate, rejection, my mother, and the images I have about ab*se. I am nervous because she is going to see a side of me she does not see in my sessions or on the phone...esp. because I have a knack of calling her post crisis. I called her this morning to ask her to check her e-mail and read them before the session on Wed. because its really hard for me to talk about in therapy. I am afraid she will hate me...she gave me an assignment to explain my misery today and concepts I have learned from past therapists. Well, I am scared but I am relieved I did it because I want to get better and as she is a CB therapist she is trained in personality disorders and now hypotherapy which she is going to try on me when I trust her more. Yikes!

Petrified Emma

LM

I think you did the right thing. She is not going to hate you and will maybe have a clue as to what you should really be working on. Trust me you did a good thing. (and you know I am always right!)

bets

I just reread the posts I sent her...made sure they did not mention BPD because I don't want her finding me. Rereading them was a little scary because they are so much filled with anger and hate...I must have used the "F" word about a dozen times in each post. Well, if she did not think I was borderline then she will now as my posts scream out BORDERLINE BORDERLINE BORDERLINE! Yikes!

Em

(((((((Ems)))))))

She cares about you . Remember that.

And being B. does not = rejection, I repeat......I know, I used to think that too.....remember COMPASSION.....

I too have therapy on Wednesday....so, I'll be alongside you in some way in your session... tho mine is likely happening before yours.

Remember we are all somehow in the same boat, sailing along those BPD waves. And, you know, our therapists join us in the boat to help us stabilise it and feel what its like and help steer us along the right course...does that make sense?

hugs,

karie

Kari...

What time is yours on Wed. Mine is 10:00am my time so that would be 3:00pm your time?

Archived