Mental Health Forums

Afraid Of Rehab

AleBD

Hello,

I miss this place very much, wish I had more courage to come more often.

The last days I've had problems, terrible anxiety attacks, mood swings and my addiction to Clonazepam has reached alarming levels. I can not miss it one day cos otherwise I am on the floor shaking. I decided I didnt wanna live like this. I looked for places for rehab and more focused therapy. Nothing in my State but at this point I wouldnt care to go a bit far away to get better. Anyway, I dont know if it will happen cos it seems my mum has the last word...

Today I had a terrible crisis, it was father's day and I felt down and dizzy so I couldnt make it to dinner with family. while I was telling my mum over the phone that I didnt feel well I felt sooo guilty (that I had been feeling so bad I didnt get my dad's present) that I started crying non stop till I went "crazy" and lost touch with reality. I was screaming so loud like if I was trying to release all my feelings with it (not words, real screams). Suddenly my parents were here trying to take me to a mental hospital. I refused cos I was too scared of meds they would give me (I am allergic to some). It was a crazy day. I am so so embarrassed.

However I have decided to put an end to this addiction but I am terrified of how I will feel. I will be in a "Oasis" program. Will it hurt very much? will I be unbearably uncomfortable?

Pls help me.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hi, if you are going on a klonopin / any benzo program, theywill titrate the dose down slowly.

of the benzos, klonopin &valium have the longest half lives, but they will still probably switch you over to valium, slowly.

im just guessing here- but this is the 'norml' way to take ppl down of benzos.

please google prof. heather ashton or the ashton taper.

join www.benzobuddies.org (com?) a site dedicated to tapering with many recovered benzo addicts there to give you good advice.

i can relate to you- i am physically and mentally addicted to benzos and methadone.

(methadone for pain after my ins ran out after a car crash oin 04, and been on benzos for anxiety- since 01.)

i have fibromylgia now, its got so bad that typing hurts. also agoraphobic. i want to be off these meds too, but i think its not the righ time yet.

best regards

anne marie

Thanks so so much for answering Anne Marie. I started my detox this week and I was ok till Dr only allowed me to take 5 drops of Rivo. I am taking Lyrica to replace it. Today I have felt like a zombie, been to nervous hell and back. I am super anxious and I keep telling myself I cant let myself down and take more drops to feel better.

I will take a look at the link, sounds like what I need. I know ab Meth too. But that´s past.

BTW, my auntie takes Lyrica for her fibromylgia and she is so much happier.

I am sure u will find the right moment to get off those drugs, like I did.

Thanks again for your help, feel free to write me when you need it.

Adriana

hi adriana

i hope you are ok. you are terribly sweet, you will make it thru,

benzobuddies has heard everystory- every symptom, etc. its a good positive place. (too posivite for me, i hang on to benzos like a drowning man to a log. bad annemarie.

pls keep us updated?

im glad you 'are back'- i hadn't met you before.

very best wishes.

bb will give u practical info fot tapering. - salt baths, dont take vits B t all- (they stimulate the nervous system), saunas if u can manage- gets the grot out quicker, but dont go too fast, or you could end up with paws.

no, not doggie feet- *giggle*--- post acute withdrawl syndrome-(nothing to laugh at actually) get info on this- You want it as much as u want a dental abcess.

take care

xxx

anne marie

ps- cn i ask what dosage of klon you were on,are now on- and the time frame since?

i would write more but shoulders ffkked and so is keyboard grrrr)

ty for the lyrica suggestion- i need something, so am gonna try it. fook my anti-med attitude, bpd, eh?

Archived