Mental Health Forums

Lithium

Roses

Just a quick question. If you miss a dose of lithium can if affect you quite quickly? I am totally confused today and wondered if it was cos I ran out and had to miss a dose.

Yes it can Roses, but like all meds it can be different for everyone. I was on Lithium before and if missed it I had weird experiences. So I would advise you to get some ASAP.

Hope you are ok.

Take Care

Leslie x

yup if i miss mine i tend to know about it, get shaky and confused (well, more so anyway) and just generally feel crap. are you able to get some today? if so and if you get them early enough before you due next dose then take them, or if its a bit close to when you due the next one then maybe take half or something, i find that takes the edge off a bit.

take care

xxx

hiya roses

can youu go to your usual pharmacy and explain so they will give you a day or 2s worth till you get yr script again. (i dunno what way things wiork w the medical system there), but that is what i do, very rarely, if i am out of a med that i know my body needs.

i hope you get sorted soon.

anne marie

Thank you all so much for your replies. I went to the pharmacy and got it sorted and then went and sat at the day centre whilst I tried to piece myself back together. I'm feeling a bit more like a human now but phoned hubbie and said there'll be no tea and the house is a tip (kids can have beans on toast once in a while), and he was great. Just said to take care of myself and he's gonna go shopping and help me sort it all out later. He is a real star.

I didn't expect it to affect me so badly but hey, now I know. Mental note - never run out of lithium!

oh.... and this is for you all.... :grouphug[1]:

Pleased you got it all sorted and your hub is a real sweetie and very understanding.

He is right though, you do need take care of yourself first and foremost because if you do not then who takes care of him and kids?

Leslie x

Archived