Mental Health Forums

Well!

Barebones

Im now going into a contract with my therapist which some will think nothing new? well me its not about no suicide or no harm this will try and offer more. this will be working with in life meaning build up and taking time into doing something i dont normally do.. i know most think its just SI, to me i gave up that years ago until few months ago which i lapsed because of some stuff. which SI is not the worst thing..

Me Im going to take more care of myself meaning bath, wash my hair, take care of myself. anything that's self- hygiene. drink,smoking, not going out,eating,being nice to my family, sry loads more stuff.

Other thing what im doing is keeping a journal diary, i have bad memory due to part thyroid but other is drink and ME! i wish to forget things so i do things so that's why me..

So im putting myself into a time table and try to work myself into normality but not forgetting most important is to CONTROL and find new way of being in myself.

sry i had to get that out! as im going to try this with all my strength, ive been here for long time in myself and i know its short time knowing you all is that listening to people and learning in dealing with things and having people is way to go, not hiding!

So all bare with me as this could be another fuk up of mine but hey shit sticks and if this dont work or i dont work is that its the end of road..(sry no thats the shit talking)

Thanks

ps sry my connection is still here but im out of control in what happens to it as it will go if husband say it will from last week.. not meaning it in bad way of husband meaning its out of our control until somthing happens.. fuk nvm im around for now still until i guess im gone.. but nvm arrghh

Bare,

You really can replace old mechanisms and ways of handling things with new ones... it will work. Also, taking care of yourself is great.. a very hard to do thing for many of us.

What worries me about your post is that you seem to be tackling everything at once. That sets you up for failure and then the "I'm no good" syndrome that follows. Instead of changing everything why not set 2-4 goals maybe then you will have success and can celebrate that then pick a few more. One cannot change ones whole life at one time. You didn't become who you are and how you cope overnight and you can't change it all overnight. One small victory at a time as you go down the LONG road to recovery.

Hope I haven't dimmed your spirits. I wish you the best of luck however you decide to do it.

bets

Hi,

I hope it works out for you - I think a route forward is a good starting point. If things don't quite work out it does not mean that the route you choose was wrong, just a slight adjustment needed

Wishing you the best of luck

Paul

Archived