Mental Health Forums

Aripiprazole

axtell1080

Hi

I went on these for about 3 weeks.

I originally went on them to stabilise my mood swings as an alternative to citalopram (which I felt wasn't working anymore at 60mg daily!)

To cut a long story short, I felt very dizzy on aripiprazole and very 'heady' and couldn't function so I came off it quite quickly.

I was advised to take it in the evening before bed to minimise the slight zombie effect but I didn't persevere.

As it turned out, my mental health improved by reducing the dose of citalopram to only 20mg (strange I know) but this is all just my experience.

Take care

Hi

I originally went on them to stabilise my mood swings as an alternative to citalopram (which I felt wasn't working anymore at 60mg daily!)

To cut a long story short, I felt very dizzy on aripiprazole and very 'heady' and couldn't function so I came off it quite quickly.

I was advised to take it in the evening before bed to minimise the slight zombie effect but I didn't persevere.

As it turned out, my mental health improved by reducing the dose of citalopram to only 20mg (strange I know) but this is all just my experience.

Take care

Abilify is an excellent drug it increases your motivation and has little affect on wweight

Hi

Take care

Abilify is an excellent drug it increases your motivation and has little affect on wweight

thanks for that guys.xxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

ive been on abilify for about 6 months now, qhwn i first started taking it i felt like i had a rocket in my behind, i had restkless legs nad felt so agitated i wasw climbing the walls, this lessened over a couple of weeks and now it is an effective and relatively side-effectless mood stablising anti psychotic wich works well for my psychotic features of my bipolar and on paranoia.

Archived