Mental Health Forums

Is It Me Or What...? ;-)

b.ward

I don't have issues but....

I'm not sure how to deal with the way I worry my girlfriend short of total abstinance and huge change.

I drink more than most, but take time out.

I've let myself down more than once because of drink.

People around me think I drink too much, so do I.

I'm lucky 'cos I have time out, I work in an environment where I don't drink for a month or so.

I'm generally quite healthy both physically and mentally...(Hmm maybe one of two isn't bad).

My worry is that some mornings my girlfriend is annoyed with me and tells me I stayed up later than I realised, that I was more drunk than I realised, that I am the kind of person I (let alone my mum) wouldn't be proud of and generally have been pretty wretched.

So it looks to me like I'm obviously a crazed drunk (in denial) and the simple solution would be to stop.

But I'm not that crazed (although quite often hungover/still drunk) and I'm certain I didn't go to bed four hours later than I thought I did, I didn't find some crap more interesting than my girlfriend, I thought we'd got over the thing I'd clearly phrased wrongly at some point, I didn't get 666 tattooed somewhere and I haven't changed a bit from the nice guy I was before I was told otherwise.

I think.

I'm pretty sure....

But sometimes because my girlfriend is so disappointed/angry/clearly crazy I get frustrated enough to wonder if I am slighlty crazed

Soo, in a nutshell, I have a things pretty good, I annoy my girfriend, but can be so awesomely charming we soon get over it, but sometimes the things she says bother me into thinking I have split personalities and that I drink too much....which I do....but it's the crazy bit that bothers me...

P.S. It's kinda wierd writing stuff down, I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy but I think I see where the kids get it from :-)

Archived