Mental Health Forums

Withdrawal Effects

Roses

Does anyone know what the possible symptoms/side effects are of coming off these drugs? I've tried looking it up on google and got no answers. I've been slowly reducing them. Quetiapine by 50mg every few weeks and propanolol has been reduced from 90-60-40-20. just dropped 40-20 on prop and dropped the last 50mg of quetiapine Monday and so was fine on Mon and early morning but since lunch time have been feeling worse and worse. Hot and cold, feel sick, heart is thudding (but I not got a bug or something am fine) and feel very jittery and shaky. Was wondering if it's the propranolol or what. Hubbie thinks could be cos up until now I was still getting 2 doses of 20 and now have cut morning one out is only getting in my system once in 24 hours as opposed to every 12 hours. Don't know. What do you think?

sorry dont know about the Quetiapine but i know that my doc told me there should be no or very very minimal withdrawal effects from Propranolol. that was one of the reasons he gave me it, i have had a habit of stopping random meds at will so he figured that was better if i did. although as Propranolol is there to deal with anxiety and the types of symptoms you mentioned it could be those resurfacing rather than caused by the med itself. can you snap the one you do take in half and take half at night and half in morning?

hope you feelin better soon hun

xxx

That's a good idea Rael, thanks. Could do that. And thanks for the reassurance that no bad withdrawal effects off the propranolol. Guess is just an adjustment thing. xxxxx

Sorry cannot help you either Roses but just wanted say to take care and wishing you well on your reductions. You have been doing great lately and hope long may it continue

Remeber what you said you would do when said you were reducing them? You said first signs of feeling symptoms again you WOULD stop reductions. x

Oh need add that I did not have any symptoms when reducing my pronanlol first time round

Thanks Les. I have spoken to hubbie as I found some info on quetiapine and it seems it is that which is giving me the side effects so have kept prop same but split to morning and night and gone back on the low dose of questiapine I was on (took one this morning to get it back in system) as you are right, the first sign of bad and I must go back on them. Thank you les. The information I found said that seroquel withdrawals are like heroine withdrawals and you can die if you go from zero to hero. Luckily I have been reducing but obviously hit the level where my body is argueing against it so will stay a bit longer a this level and then reduce even more slowly. I thought my symptoms were too severe but obviously not! Silly me! Good job I got some good friends on here to kick my butt! xxx

Oh I am very good at kicking butts, do not worry about that LOL.

Seriously though, I am so glad you have noticed the signs and acted on it, very well done doll x

hey hun, im glad you are being so mindful in the reductions. quentipine, im on that and everytime i tried to quit i had similar withdrawl syptoms so its not all in your head. i hope you feel better soon. hang in there hunny loads of hugs to get you thru xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :wub:

Archived