Mental Health Forums

New Additions(Outdated!)

Joshua

Hello All

As you will have noticed there have been some significant changes around here lately and the purpose of this post is to fully inform you all so there is no suprises.

The list below is the final list although some of the changes are still yet to take place. One of the major changes is a design change of the forums - due to take place tomorrow AM.

Another option to be finalised is a loyalty sponsorship for members who have been here for a long time or have a large number of posts or both. This post will be edited tomorrow with the details.

Upgrades – What’s new?

• Updated subs packages, new subs area design coming soon - www.bpdworld.org/subspackage

• Gallery – gone

• New category - site supporters – safe place, games forum, attention seekers – available for sponsors, mini mods and peer support.

• User groups Newbie's & Loyal members combined into member group

• Chat – 25 people limit, new VIP room for VIP sponsors

• Links – now moved to forums. Anyone, even guests can add links

• VIP subs members have own ticket department. These need to be replied to within 12 hrs. They have to be logged in to subscription area to send ticket into this department.

Forum account permissions – although pm (conversation) storage may seem lower than before it is now based on conversations, not individual message. So a conversation with 10 posts in it counts as 1.

VIP Sponsors

3 display name changes a year

No flood control on searches

4 people allowed in conversations

50 storable conversations

Attachments allowed in pms

2 images in signature

2Urls in signature

15 lines in signature

200kb upload limit per post/pm

200kb 150x150 pixel personal photo limits

Can edit posts up to 5 hrs after posting

Can edit own topic title and description (no time limit)

Sponsors/peer support/mini mods

1 display name changes a year

1 minute flood control on searches

2 people allowed in conversations

20 storable conversations

Attachments allowed in pms

2 images in signature

2URLs in signature

10 lines in signature

150kb upload limit per post/pm

150kb 150x150 pixel personal photo limits

Can edit posts up to 3 hrs after posting

Can edit own topic title and description (no time limit)

Members

0 display name changes a year

20 second flood control on searches

0 people allowed in conversations

10 storable conversations

Attachments not allowed in pms

1 image in signature

1 Url in signature

5 lines in signature

100kb upload limit per post/pm

100kb 150x150 pixel personal photo limits

Can edit posts up to 1 hr after posting

Updates -

15.00 - Members who have posted more than 3000 posts will be set to Sponsors, those members who have posted more than 5000 posts will be set to VIP sponsors. This is the same for those members who have been here 2 years (They will be made sponsors and those who are here 3 years VIP) - Please inform us when this is the case by visiting http://www.bpdworld.org/subspackage/

15.05 Gift subscriptions set up. Upgrade your friends account - http://www.bpdworld.org/subspackage/

15.45 Members can change their member title after 300 posts - all groups

16.22 New header added - New design added, can be chosen by selecting the box down the bottom left, where it says IP Board next to English.

17.12 VIP sponsor package now includes optional website and banner

12th july

17.02 - flash banner at top of forums replaced by buttons, fixed pm pop up problem

Josh,

I checked out your packages and they say may not be suitable for people outside

the UK well Im from Ireland and have a been a member on this site for over a year

and half and Im feeling like your new idea to be a subsciption member is really

saying unless im from the uk then you dont want me here.

I think your new ideas are great but also i feel you are isolating the member who

cannot afford to subscibe who just want to be here for support. And this saddens

me.

Shellybelly

there has to be one. there are still the free options, and there is no difference in what members had before and what they have now (except pm storage because of the way it counts them now) we have just added to the stuff the people who do want to contribute get. and it wouldnt be good practice to advertise say professional advice from someone based in UK and say the information would be suitable for someone outside of the UK. The ones that may not be suitable are marked with a *.

I just wanted to say thanks again for all the effort you've put into this revamp.

It's very much appreciated! :)

Josh,

I checked out your packages and they say may not be suitable for people outside

the UK well Im from Ireland and have a been a member on this site for over a year

and half and Im feeling like your new idea to be a subsciption member is really

saying unless im from the uk then you dont want me here.

I think your new ideas are great but also i feel you are isolating the member who

cannot afford to subscibe who just want to be here for support. And this saddens

me.

Shellybelly

As Em has said, I dont understand your point nor how the changes have an affect on the world wide user population. If anything i added the currency dollars for Americans to pay in there own currency which hasnt been there before. I will also be adding free sponsorship packages for loyal members, this isnt something that existed before.

Thanks for the info Josh and Em. Now I am used to the new layout I think you must've worked your socks off to get it so good. Thanks xxx

If you notice something that is listed in the changes that is not happening when it should or any glitches please let us know. It is hard to get all the settings right as there are so many of them and your help in this matter is much appreciated.

I think ye have picked me up wrong im not fighting with ye i think

the changes are lovely it nice to see ye improveing the place i just

feel kinda excluded since i have absolutely no way of donating money

due to my circumstance and i am not from the uk so half the things

arent avaibalbe to me anyways just saddens me that all. and i guessing

i wont be the only one who feel left out either.

shellybelly

ps josh the euro is the biggest currency is most countries and it not in

it how much it is to us, and i aint smart enough to know pounds or dollars

in euro you think you can get a euro option... just for me since i asked

so nicely :wub:

Looks great! Thanks for all the hard work you're all putting in! I read it said to use a link to inform when i've been here over 3yrs to get VIP status thingy do dah but couldn't work it out, there was just a login page for VIP's? Well, i've been here over 3yrs lol

Hey Josh and Em -

The site looks really good. But you all know me and change, I don't deal well with it! :D

Seriously, job well done.

Marchmadness

Cool stuff kinda wishing I was a regular member now so I can have that cool flashing VIP thing LOL just kidding.

Lilly

ok

all good

great site etc etc

i appreciate the efforts everyone is putting in to making things run smoothly

but em said to report problems

so

having downloaded firefox as the only way i could view the site

it has now failed completely on firefox

and i am back to using on explorer 8 - but with limited use -

can only view topics individually, not as VIEW NEW CONTENT or Todays new topics - this is the message i get

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_search_1::topicPostSearchResultAsForum() in /home/mentalhe/public_html/forums/admin/applications/forums/extensions/searchDisplay.php on line 137

and even then not always

if its just my laptop please tell me

i dont mind waiting, i dont mind if there are general problems

i just need to know - please

Edited by walker

Hi Walker: I get that message approx half the time I try to come here but when I go away completely and then come back...its fine!? Not a computer expert so can't fix it :(