Mental Health Forums

Wtf ?

Shelley

Whats up with some people being tagged as Very Important Person all of a sudden ?

Arn't we ALL important people on here ?!

VIP Sponser....why bring that in the forum, and why are some members VIP ??????

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Shelley

• roxy222

• Sammy

Top Posters In This Topic

i was wondering that too, and am one of thosepeeps labelled vip. i don't know why? be assured i have no illusions of grandure at the moment. hugs hope u r ok shelley. x

Thanks bumble; it just doesn't seem right you know, I pay what I can afford to pay, and I pay because I want to contribute my fair share in the running of this forum, I hardly ever go in chat.

Having VIP's across the forum just says that some people are more important because they've paid more;

and that's disgusting.

Understand. I wasn't aware personally that I had paid more or less. I paid something so I could go on chat which I hardly ever do either. When I go it's usually empty, so I feel a right dodo. Personally It would make me feel more comfortable if that vip stuff were removed.

Yeah it just doesn't look right, ive spoken to two people now who don't like it, yet have it.

We are ALLimportant people!

Having VIP's across the forum just says that some people are more important because they've paid more;

and that's disgusting.

This is simply a more advanced subs package. A package that can cost you nothing other than time, Thats disgusting? VIP is a name just like sponsor but i saw no up roar about that, in fact you are one? Why should you have something that others dont. Disgusting!

What i find disgusting is people making wrongful assumptions, shouting and screaming about it without enquiry and giving no thought to the time and energy spent in upgrading this forum and the maintenance of it.

Im making a point here, with the use of your own descriptive words.

VIP contains connotations of being better than others where as sponser doesnt so i understand why shelley would feel that way, perhaps a betetr chosen term may be less offensive to people

personally im not fussed cause i dont use things like chat, but juts a suggestion

However Loyal members suggests they are better than member too and noone complained about that either - nor is anyone worried about certain members having special privelages like fish wify and such which would all indicate that they are better than others by your reasoning. The VIP sponsor is not saying they are better than anyone else, but that they have signed up for the VIP sponsorship package - it doesn't say VIP member, but VIP sponsor.

Lets not forget that its a word, Its only when people attach a meaning to the word such as those people are better than me or more important than me it becomes a problem.

I couldnt give a flying ************* what the group is called :)

PS - Dont try to figure out what the star word is as it isnt a word. Just stars. Like Vip is just a user group which describes a group who has more privilages associated with their account.

However Loyal members suggests they are better than member too and noone complained about that either - nor is anyone worried about certain members having special privelages like fish wify and such which would all indicate that they are better than others by your reasoning. The VIP sponsor is not saying they are better than anyone else, but that they have signed up for the VIP sponsorship package - it doesn't say VIP member, but VIP sponsor.

Indeed.

I am no more important than any other sponsor of the forum. However in the making of new packages and new chat rooms and other things. In forum running and building a forum is you have to define in words what catorgries get and what don't. No emotion is recognised in computer litrature, Josh also said in the post of new devolopments in the forum what each catorgries will have. He and em hasn't finnished yet. Also alot of life and functioning benefits to people is that it costs money.

I wanted be not VIP i wanted fishwify, did i get it? hell no, why that would cause a new catorgry and prob cause chaos.

Sry shelley that you feel this way, i am paying for what was offered in package, nothing more nothing less.

All charities have to gain money somehow, if they didn't we wouldnt have any.

well i think the implications of vip are pretty set actually, and i dont think loyal sounds carrys the same connotations, like i said im not fussed as it doesnt effect me but suggested as perhaps people that are upset by it may find it useful

Thanks bumble; it just doesn't seem right you know, I pay what I can afford to pay, and I pay because I want to contribute my fair share in the running of this forum, I hardly ever go in chat.

and that's disgusting.

I feel a bit shy when my posts come up, with that V.I.P. thing flashing.

It's a bit triggering for me in a way, because I am working through deepseated issues around my personal deserving in general, in life.

I'm sure Josh meant no offence by it, though.

The last thing he would want would be to promote alienation etc in the online community.

I made one subscription and a small donation at a later date.

This is not a lot of money, but it is money i gradually saved through stopping buying the amphetamines I was badly addicted to. The rest of the would-be-drug-money has gone on bills and general 'catching up' with mundane expenses of household.

I am not a volunteer, simply because, right now, I don't feel strong enough.

Thats my 2p worth (scuse the pun)

Understand. I wasn't aware personally that I had paid more or less. I paid something so I could go on chat which I hardly ever do either. When I go it's usually empty, so I feel a right dodo. Personally It would make me feel more comfortable if that vip stuff were removed.

you're not alone.

That chat room is like the park where I live.

Sometimes we gather in the park and have a small drink and chat.

Many times, when chatting to friends, I am always hearing of people going to the park to find it empty, like I myself do.

I guess the chatroom has quiet times, when many people pop their head in the door, to see an empty room.

[sorry for derail of thread]

*remains curious about those curious red flashing VIP badges*

and that's disgusting.

This is simply a more advanced subs package. A package that can cost you nothing other than time, Thats disgusting? VIP is a name just like sponsor but i saw no up roar about that, in fact you are one? Why should you have something that others dont. Disgusting!

What i find disgusting is people making wrongful assumptions, shouting and screaming about it without enquiry and giving no thought to the time and energy spent in upgrading this forum and the maintenance of it.

Im making a point here, with the use of your own descriptive words.

So, are the VIP sponsors, sponsors who have paid, and spent more time on here?

Sorry for the confusion.

thanks

I didn't sign up for VIP sponsorship package, though.

I just paid the single, one off fee stated on the site.

I would have submitted a ticket, but sometimes, I try to find answers on the forums beforehand.

still a bit confused, sorry

Whats up with some people being tagged as Very Important Person all of a sudden ?

Arn't we ALL important people on here ?!

VIP Sponser....why bring that in the forum, and why are some members VIP ??????

I AM ONE OF SAID PEOPLE AND I DIDN'T CHOOSE IT OR EVEN ASK FOR IT. IT JUST HAPPENED. YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE IT OUT ON US. JOSHUA - TAKE NOTE, I THINK YOU'VE MARRED US UNINTENTIONALLY!!!

josh;

Well I think it's disgusting that I can pay a monthly amount of money to this forum, and someone can chuck in a one off larger amount and get the better package. (yes ive been talking to someone)

And believe me when I say that I wouldn't want one of those VIP Sponser labels, I would find it embarrising, tbh.

Archived