Mental Health Forums

Wtf ?

Shelley

The only time I look at this site and think it looks cliquey is when the same group of people always gang up on someone else, and to be fair you've been involved in that too. (however I don't think that is really to do with cliques just that it appears that way when looking at it as an outsider without taking into consideration other posts made by those people)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Shelley

• roxy222

• Sammy

Top Posters In This Topic

well, theres no point trying to get a point accross to some people.

i am sad at what i see unravelling.

i'm not going to say any more, as my words will either be twisted, i'll be patronised (pls dont patronise me anyone, you make fme feel like when i was in mental hospital refusing to take serenace).

im biting my tongur right now, buti weill say the floaring and flashing banners suck, and cause me to 'lose' mail, as my hand to brain function is not too good atm. if i accidentally click on the banners, as i just did 5 mins ago, i lost a pm.

i feel the banners look tacky and are offputting- they certainly would not encourage me to become a vip sponsor.

well, im of for a sleep, not too long out of hospital.

and do not want to get abusive or emotionally overwrought over this. elitism.

please dont slag off my typing, my co-ordination is very bad, not my fault.

benway.

Elitism is when a group of people believe they are better than others and only allow particular people in to their group - the vip sponsors have not indicated they feel better than others and have no control over who goes into that group and the requirements that are made are available to everyone.

There is an issue with the banner and new pms that is being looked into. but if you click on the top right up by your name you will be able to access any messages

The only time I look at this site and think it looks cliquey is when the same group of people always gang up on someone else, and to be fair you've been involved in that too. (however I don't think that is really to do with cliques just that it appears that way when looking at it as an outsider without taking into consideration other posts made by those people)

yeah as in defending the person that everyone else is jumping on

i meant i feel that some of us are given less protection than others, but as iv said before i dont really care

well, theres no point trying to get a point accross to some people.

i am sad at what i see unravelling.

i'm not going to say any more, as my words will either be twisted, i'll be patronised (pls dont patronise me anyone, you make fme feel like when i was in mental hospital refusing to take serenace).

im biting my tongur right now, buti weill say the floaring and flashing banners suck, and cause me to 'lose' mail, as my hand to brain function is not too good atm. if i accidentally click on the banners, as i just did 5 mins ago, i lost a pm.

i feel the banners look tacky and are offputting- they certainly would not encourage me to become a vip sponsor.

well, im of for a sleep, not too long out of hospital.

and do not want to get abusive or emotionally overwrought over this. elitism.

please dont slag off my typing, my co-ordination is very bad, not my fault.

benway.

my typing is allways bad due to adhd so would hope no one would slag off typing. i think you had a fair point im glad you said it

I can honestly say when recieving complaints or reports I have never even looked at the number of posts the person making the complaint has made or what their title is ie: sponsor, member etc... I've simply looked at what was being reported and whether it was a valid complaint or not and how serious the problem was etc... And always remained impartial when dealing with it - have made posts invisible or given warnings etc.. to those I know and those I don't know, those I view as friends, aquaintances and those I'm indifferent too. My decision is always based on the case not who is involved.

i prefered just being a member

Im happy to make that so if you would like?

does that mean itd just go back to what it was before? the same forums etc. i like now that we have daisys so i wouldnt want to loose that, but i dont like all the rest of this new stuff and i def have issues with seeing sponser beside my name

What do you mean by less protection?

just how it feels, im not saying it necessarily is but how it feels. i have put in tickets before and never got answers, or never heard back till over a month after, and then abrupt and insensitive, and seen some others getting hurt and no one stepping in. like i said, how it feels not saying thats how it is, have said it plenty before when this has came up

Would still be the same forum but you wouldn't have access to the sponsors area or chat.

yeah thatd be ace, id feel much more comfortable with that cheers!!x

I would have thought being a sponsor of a site that offers so much good would make you proud and happy to have the fact advertised. Your request will be actioned shortly

You'd lose attention seekers, safe place and games as that is the sponsors area of the forum. Just want to make sure you know what you are giving up before it gets implemented.

Would still be the same forum but you wouldn't have access to the sponsors area or chat.

yeah thatd be ace, id feel much more comfortable with that cheers!!x

Sorted :)

I would have thought being a sponsor of a site that offers so much good would make you proud and happy to have the fact advertised. Your request will be actioned shortly

well perhaps for some but not for me. i was comfortable beinga member and i dont like having lables put on me, even if positive ones. its a real trigger for me due to past stuff, things about me or my profile or words or anything like that changing with out my prior knowledge or consent is a big big trigger subject due to past stuff so i appriciate the offer to change back v much. i appriciate that maybe strange to many but its just a personal thing

You'd lose attention seekers, safe place and games as that is the sponsors area of the forum. Just want to make sure you know what you are giving up before it gets implemented.

yeah no thats great thanks, i never had them til today so was feeling quite creeped by it anyways, like i said i apprciate daisy being brought in now theres no abuse survivors forum but the rest i doubt i would have became comfortable using anyways and having the word sponser beside me doesnt feel safe for me

I can assure you that although it may feel that some people get less protection than others, everyone is treated equally by the staff regarding forum matters. There may in the past have been ticket issues, whether due to lack of staffing or technical problems, but late responses or even as you feel abrupt responses are not targetted at a specific person or group of people. If the response was abrupt then that is just how that staff member responds to people and in fact most tickets will be dealt with in what might appear an abrupt manner in the sense that it doesn't focus on a conversation or offering of sympathy just at dealing directly with the matter raised and then closing the issue as soon as possible so that other matters can be dealt with.

We try to deal with each case individually and do what we feel best in that situation. This won't always be the outcome the person who complained wants. Often the person complaining will be biased due to their own personal and emotional involvment in a given situation and feel that the action that should be taken should be more severe than the one that is taken. That doesn't mean that the action taken is wrong, although the person who complained may feel it is wrong and become angered by it and feel we are being insensitive.

Roxy you might like to know that your now male lol. Just letting u know so u can change it, with the forum change I got set to male to as did others - nothing intentional, but as you said u don't like changes I thought u should know so that you can sort it out if you wish to.

I can assure you that although it may feel that some people get less protection than others, everyone is treated equally by the staff regarding forum matters. There may in the past have been ticket issues, whether due to lack of staffing or technical problems, but late responses or even as you feel abrupt responses are not targetted at a specific person or group of people. If the response was abrupt then that is just how that staff member responds to people and in fact most tickets will be dealt with in what might appear an abrupt manner in the sense that it doesn't focus on a conversation or offering of sympathy just at dealing directly with the matter raised and then closing the issue as soon as possible so that other matters can be dealt with.

We try to deal with each case individually and do what we feel best in that situation. This won't always be the outcome the person who complained wants. Often the person complaining will be biased due to their own personal and emotional involvment in a given situation and feel that the action that should be taken should be more severe than the one that is taken. That doesn't mean that the action taken is wrong, although the person who complained may feel it is wrong and become angered by it and feel we are being insensitive.

i apprciate that, like i said i wasnt saying it was that way, i have allways qualified this opinion when stating it by saying that was how i felt, not how it was.

Roxy you might like to know that your now male lol. Just letting u know so u can change it, with the forum change I got set to male to as did others - nothing intentional, but as you said u don't like changes I thought u should know so that you can sort it out if you wish to.

thanks i hadnt noticed

erm.... how do i change this? i dont do profiley thingys and am computer ditz so confuddled

Ok top right of forum click on arrow next to your name, in drop down box select my settings. Once on my settings select the profile tab at the top then scroll down to gender and select female. Let me know if you still can't do it and I'll see if I can change it for you.

Archived